Morning session at borumba 31/10.09

Plastic Man

Stu and myself got out to borumba this morning to have a crack at some bass and maybe a early season toga started out at around 5 throwing surface lures around stu had one toga jump on but didnt stay connected for long only a little fella surface shut down soon after that .

We then started fishing subsurface didnt take long to get into some fish found a little school of bass just off a small point got a few there on blades these fish soon went off the chew so we then went onto working edges of timber lined banks stu got almost straight away a nice little toga on a tn60 jackall .

Pretty much this is how we spent the rest of the morning ending up with 25 bass ranging from sub 30cm to 40cm fl i also got a little toga that eat a blade that i cast hard up to a tree while we were targeting a little school of bass nice surprise it also was tagged all fish caught on spinnerbaits,crankbaits and blades headed off just before lunch . Stu has pics

Plastic Man wrote:

Angus wrote:
Good to hear from you guys. Nice session!

I reckon Borumba could well and truly be on the hit list with the new boat :)

Angus

thanks mate what sort of boat you getting ?

Mate its nothing special (already got it), but perfect for what we need.

Went halves with Johnny.

3.6m Tinny. Plumbed Live Well. 20 Horse on the back 54lb Leccy on the front. All nice built in floors etc.

. boat-20091031.jpg

Angus wrote:

Plastic Man wrote:
Angus wrote:
Good to hear from you guys. Nice session!

I reckon Borumba could well and truly be on the hit list with the new boat :)

Angus

thanks mate what sort of boat you getting ?

Mate its nothing special (already got it), but perfect for what we need.

Went halves with Johnny.

3.6m Tinny. Plumbed Live Well. 20 Horse on the back 54lb Leccy on the front. All nice built in floors etc.

. boat-20091031.jpg

Is that the one simon or Marcel owned who work for qfm/abt looks familiar

I think a bit ulcerated we rang up it had only been tagged in april with a 1 cm size difference they said it was 43 when tagged we measured 44 depends how well the are layed down on the measure from both parties is 1cm in 6months about right?

Thanks

They grow a bit slower in winter though 1cm is at the lower end of average for a fish that size .

Because of their skeletal,muscular and scale structure tagging saratoga is not recomended the tagging wound will probably never heal.

Saratoga can also bite their own tail if that tag was a bit further back it would try to remove it.

Regs Steve

Rocket75 wrote:

good to see you fellas out having a fish again, have not seen many reports of late.

gotta get me a toga this summer...yakking borumba might be my best bet.

rocket

Rocket we still been fishing mostly tournament stuff though im just too lazy to do reports :laugh: thought i would pull my finger out and start doing some more

elops wrote:

Thanks

They grow a bit slower in winter though 1cm is at the lower end of average for a fish that size .

Because of their skeletal,muscular and scale structure tagging saratoga is not recomended the tagging wound will probably never heal.

Saratoga can also bite their own tail if that tag was a bit further back it would try to remove it.

Regs Steve

Thanks for the info mate i never knew that so i wonder why this guy tagged this fish you would think he would know this stuff ? anyway i was happy to get a tagged fish other then a bass as that is the only species i have got tagged.

Archived