Missed Marlin again

Brian D

Spent another 10 hours off shore yesturday looking for early season marlin and dolphins. We started with some bottom bashing, pulling up squire, trag and pearlies along with rubish fish like SB's.

No photos because I got lazy and it was all about Dollies and Billies.

We ran the normal spread of 5, being a short courner, short rigger, long courner, long rigger and a shot gun.

It be be summarized by saying the fish win. So far I have put in over 150 hours of lure time (including yesturdays 30) and no fish.

Now Jimmy has his cod I can declare the race between Aaron and I. Me to get my first marlin and he to get his 1st cod. PA310001.JPG

Mate we went fom seaway, headed north to north tip moreton, mainly on the 36's heading north but the west of 36's heading home.

We only found one scum line and that was one the way home.

The bait schools are in the usual spots with some good size balls. We did't work all areas hard, more of a troll through as it is too early to expect much.

Water temp was between 23.5 and 24.1 west of 36's.

BTW the word is the black marlin are hitting Harvey Bay, there's a comp ther in a couple of weeks which will (a) tell us if that is true or not and (B) encourage the fish to head south.

goat_man_baa wrote:

Where about were you trying Brian as in 2 weeks when exams are done i think i'll find myself doing a lot of lonely hours out there off goldy trying to pick something up. How was the water temp? Does anyone know if smithy has been getting or seeing any signs of them around?

Im not sure of numbers but Smithy has got onto a couple recently.

Brian all I can say is youll do it. At least your out there! Its worse when people complain about what they have not caught when they are not fishing :P

Angus

Half your luck at least your out there, my boat has been on its trailer for about 4 weeks straight and hasn't been fishing propper for a bout 12. But have moved house now and time to get it wet again and my mission is to chase the bill fish this season.

Archived