A yella day at NPD

Dinodadog

Took my mate Glen for a session out at NPD this morning. Rain must of kept the mob away as only Ray's and my boat were the only ones to launch shortly after 5am. New times are great and the fish were up early also, picked up a yella on the way down the dam and both Glen and I picked up another as we reached the Island. Along with the yellas we managed 21 bass with a fish for fish session. We found small schools in a few locations and as we hooked up, the school would dissappear and it took quite awhile to locate them again, they seemed to turn invisible at times. Bibless rattlers done most of the damage for us.I also picked up a yella and 27 bass on friday.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

1st yella Fishing_npd_011019_005.JPG

I went with joe as my decky. Thanks for the hand mate. he did a good job looking after my needs and even tidied up the boat and tied it down whilst I was gasbagging with Feral at ramp.

We only managed 4 bass and a yella. (2 bass for Joe and 2 bass and a yella for myself).

We had just located a bit of a school when the weather looked as it was going to close in so we shot through. Didnt get a shrimp form the shrimp pots and only 7 smallish redclaw from the redclaw pots.We rebaited them and moved some of them around and will check them later.

The rescue boat from the sailing club came across and said that there was a pot floating in the middle of the dam and did he think it was one of the prfma members. Dino said yes and they went an brought it back. He had a look at the name and it is one of faulkeds. Its probably one of those that went missing when the dam had its big rise.

I was going to bring it back but forgot so will have to pick up through week.

Here are a few happy snaps.

Cheers

Ray

Dino and Glen doing a bit of an explore.

PB010003.jpg

Joe with his first bass for the day.

PB010004.jpg

Football

PB010005.jpg

Feral and Alex burning us off the old silver bullet really flies

PB010006.jpg

And this is what I really want to catch in NPD. Bugger the bass. :blush: :blush:

P1010037AFO.jpg

Ah the old Bullet has even got a bit of a bow wave going there. She flies with the 24 volt bow mount now! At 4.9m and an old riveted hull with 180 kilos of batteries on board she is hard to get through the water, she used to be just about the slowest boat in the fleet! With two 55lbers on the stern a good day would see 4.5kph.

Topped her out at 6.2kph today. Thats as fast as she has been whilst I have had a GPS running

silver_bullet_speed.jpg

rayke1938 wrote:

And this is what I really want to catch in NPD. Bugger the bass. :blush: :blush:

P1010037AFO.jpg

And I would love to stock them Ray but sadly its not allowed.

And as an aside if they go ahead with Traveston there is zero chance of them being on the stocking list.

Regs Steve

Feral wrote:

Whys that Steve, they are native to the Mary, they going to concentrate on cod?[/quote

I would say yes they would concentrate on cod.

They are going to drown a lot of the best cod habitat in the river.

barra are a marginal proposition due to water temps they normaly travel to the salt in winter in their southern range.

The imbalance of growth rates would put the cod at risk.

IMHO it would be good to see a properly stocked and managed cod impoundment.

Regs Steve

Thats ok Steeve, yes there are a few schools moving back into our waters, but as I said you have to keep chasing them as they are moving around very fast for some reason.

YoYo yes it was a football

Feral you did not quite get to the fish zone

Plastic Man there has been a few yellas around lately, most of them hiding in the bush's.

James W camera shots are funny as the yella in the first shot is the same size 49cm

Rocket as above

A busy yella session hey mate ? Good to see. I fished that yella hole you told me about very early yesterday morning and just about got spooled by an underwater tractor in the shape of a foul hooked lungfish.... Big bugga wrapped me around a stump and stole my silent ayu as well. My mate Kyle thought it was just hilarious, listening to me yell " STOP, STOP, STOP !!! "

Archived