Jigging for Squid

Guy_H

guy- what ya gotta do mate is land ya self a \"sperm whale\" by trolling a tassie devil around and then pin a 1000/0 hook thru him.....lower him down the edge of a well lit jetty and hang on.....:P

im still looking for the right picture of a giant squid to get tattooed....

kezza99 wrote:

What techniques does everyone use when jigging for squid, the reason i ask is that i havnt had much luck with my jig!!!:(

i find i do best getting a good light close to the water surface like a gas lantern hanging off the jetty on aq rope then let your jig hang in the water at the edge of the light pool. quite often the squid will attack the jig on the way in. keep watch for them in the light pool and when you see one bounce the jig past them slowly and they'll attack it.

if you want to see some interesting footage of giant squid go to you tube and search giant squid there is heaps of it

jimmybob wrote:

guy- what ya gotta do mate is land ya self a \"sperm whale\" by trolling a tassie devil around and then pin a 1000/0 hook thru him.....lower him down the edge of a well lit jetty and hang on.....:P

im still looking for the right picture of a giant squid to get tattooed....

Hmm, I must contact Japan & see if they have any \"research\" spare whales for bait :lol:

Archived