Movember 1st

Schultzy

Most of you will unfortunately, during your lives have a male member of your family suffer from prostate cancer.

Although this cancer is very common, it does not figure prominently in the media when compared to other cancers.

Here are some stats from the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia.

Each year in Australia, close to 3,300 men die of prostate cancer - equal to the number of women who die from breast cancer annually.

Around 20,000 new cases are diagnosed in Australia every year.

Each day about 32 men learn news that they have prostate cancer - tragically one man every three hours will lose his battle against this insidious disease.

One in 9 men in Australia will develop prostate cancer in their lifetime.

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in Australian men and is the second most common cause of cancer deaths in men.

As many men die from prostate cancer as women die from breast cancer but... a national survey by PCFA in 2002 showed that while 78% of women felt well informed about breast cancer – only 52% of men felt informed about prostate cancer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My sons and I decided to do our little bit towards helping put prostate cancer into the spotlight.

We have formed a team and will be growing moustaches for the Movember drive this year.

Movember aims to raise the public awareness of two of the most significant but least understood men's health issues: prostate cancer and depression.

Along with that aim, the Movember movement raises funds that go to the The Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and beyondblue – the national depression initiative.

To find out more about Movember or to donate to our team, go to;

[color=#0000FF]http://au.movember.com/mospace/9322

Movember_1.jpg

I was just about to start a thread about movember.. but I see Shultzy has already started one :D

I've also signed myself up for Movember... more so the challenge to see if I can grow a Mo :) but its a great cause to support another mans nuts and his sanity.

So come on and put some support in .. if its not me or Shultzy, donate to another mate of yours.

Surely you guys will get a bloody good laugh at my attempt at a MO :P I know I will.

/>http://au.movember.com/mospace/46067

Not a bad start Neil! Dunno about Chopper Reed, looks more Peter North to me!

Dunno if I want to be watching any fishing shows where they advertise "Schulzy does Somerset" :blink:

Anyone else trying - here is a hint from someone who has been sporting them on and off for 20 years. Let your whole beard grow until it gets itchy - which will be about as about as long as Neil's, or a bit more.

Then cut off want you dont want. Trying to shape when it is shorter than that is just to hard. You cant see it properly and you end up cutting off bits you want (no not the ears!) Also if your a bit patchy allows you to change the look when you see the bald bits!

Thanks Tacklebox and Kreel for their donations. You guys are awesome. I'll put up a pic today of my mo... the left is growing way better than the right side ... hahahaha

Feral... for some reason I don't think I'll need to worry about your hints :P hahaha.

Good growth their Shultzy.. that pic looks very Billy Bob Thornton :D

here's my attempt at a mo... :( :laugh: :lol: took the pic yesterday... 11 days baby..

I think the donation money to me is just to keep me in the game of sporting this lame as mo in public... I feel like I have to explain to everyone I meet that I'm doing this for mo-vember and not actually attempting to grow a mo to look cool. 11112009291_AFO.jpg

post-873-144598509967_thumb.jpg

Do$tylz wrote:

kriso wrote:
also henry , if you want to be able to grow a moe you need to lower your estrogen levels by selling you honda and replacing it with a real car lol!

:laugh: :laugh: so you reckon a 350 chev will help the mo grow??

yep will do 350 for a mo 521cub Brad anderson hemi to look like a yetti!

• 2 weeks later...

wesfish wrote:

will we see this mo in some of the future pics in the mags?

Wes,

I could be bribed with donations to the Movember campaign.

/>http://au.movember.com/mospace/9322

For every $50 donated to The Schultz Boys by AFO members I'll keep the Mo for another month.

For every $100 I'll submit an article with Mo photos to a fishing mag.

Feral has given a great start.

Dig deep guys and gals, It all goes to very worthwhile causes.

Namely Beyond Blue and the Prostate Cancer Foundation.

So far this month, Aussie Mo Bros combined have raised $12,215,319. A fantastic effort!

Archived