Anyone Had Any Luck With Sharks

burger93

Been out about a few times now chasing bullies.Went out on friday nite fished for them for about 5 hrs never got a touch besides the crabs.This was in the pine river.I was using plastic coated wire with a whole mullet just on its own weight,not a touch.Just wondering has anyone else had any luck or got any ideas to help me get one.

cheers sean

Angus wrote:

Have got 2 so far in the last month. And Ryan got one with me as well. All caught on live mullet. Nights are getting stickier (except last night randomly) so hopefully we will see more.

Angus

couldn't help but laugh when I read this Gus... Use your dirty mind... :P

sharking - they are always there, try a live bait under a balloon. Burley up - simply peeing in the water is good burley as sharks pick up on urea trails, failing that, blood!. I haven't had a lot of luck in the pine, I would suggest trying a bit closer to the mouth or out near the woody point jetty. Have got some good ones land based there as well. Keeping the bait off the bottom will prevent your crab problem.

Yea i will have to go back and have another crack i might try the brisbane river you guys seem to have much more luck down there.I will try live bait nd loads and loads of burly. People talk alot about the poop shoot can u fish out of it in a boat easly and would my chances be higher catching one there .

cheers sean

Caught 4 x 1m bullies in the logan/albert junction mid arvo on 1/2 20cm pillie with plastic coated wire tackle in the boat.

Same tackle and bait on shore too.

Even got one on a cheap asian tiger prawn on shore.

If they're around, then they're on B)

Some of the best tasty fish around!!

Good luck.

thats a pretty big hook for the pine, not all sharks are massive. The majority of sharks in the pine are from 80cm to 1.5m so something like a 7/0 or 8/0 will be plenty. You do get the odd beast from the pine but still a 8/0 can handle them. I would reccommend using a poddy about 20cm as the sharks will take these in 1 go saves the shark playing with a 40cm mullet and with this size you can target a wider variety of size from anything small to large.

nic

Archived