test trip with fillet

wesfish

got a call from mick fillet to go out in his rig for a bit of a test trip of his new verado. we departed from fishermans ramp around 10pm sat night, and i cant believe how quite the big donk is! even under power its just so quite B) once we got out in the river mick demonstrated the launching power of the beast , i nearly had my neck snapped :laugh: the acceleration is awesome , the verado throws the big girl out of the water in just a second or 2 :woohoo: we then just cruised along at 3000rpm over to mud island to start a fishing session, we all so headed over to moreton , we caught a variety of small cod , whiptails and various other under size reefies but nothing to write home about :) we attempted to hit the cape around 8:30am but were met with some very unpleasant winds from the east that kicked the swell right up, we were nearly off shore before mick and i looked at each other and said , not worth the risk :unsure: so after the decision was made we were given a great opportunity to turn the big girl between the waves , this is where i was really impressed with his new motor , the 180 turn was so easy for mick with such great acceleration B) we did not feel like girls once we seen how many much bigger boats turned around as well , it was very steep swell and not worth being on the news hull up ;) i cant wait til the next good weather offshore trip in fillets upgraded rig :) the 275 mercury has changed my opinions on mercury, after being put in my seat lol mercury are on a winner with verados

275 verado 1-20091102.jpg

post-4300-144598509148_thumb.jpg

Hahaha... 275 is enough to throw most boats clean out of the water. Great looking motor there on a good looking boat. Enough to get you into trouble and more importantly out of it again.

A big thumbs up too that commonsense prevailed and you turned for home. Good call guys and gives good cred in your skipper stakes.

bootyinblue wrote:

Hahaha... 275 is enough to throw most boats clean out of the water. Great looking motor there on a good looking boat. Enough to get you into trouble and more importantly out of it again.

A big thumbs up too that commonsense prevailed and you turned for home. Good call guys and gives good cred in your skipper stakes.

cheers mate! yeah common sense is needed with offshore boating ;) the fish will be there for us in better conditions next time!

yeah ya right kriso plenty of power. the boat had twin suzies before the re power that had clocked up more than 6000 hrs. I was keen on repowering with another set of suzies cause i like the sussies but was convinced that the verados output is exceptional and it is. I would say going from twins to a single I have gained 50 percent more power.

the hole shot is sensational 5km/hr-60km/hr in two boat lengths ,no way would the twin motors do that and taats not even crackin the verado fully open as its just out the box although wes and I put 18hrs on it on the weekend. I reckon its the super charger that gives the motor the responsive instant power through out the throtle range.

I hope I made the right choice cause if the motor ever lets me down I dont have another to limp home on.

Archived