How do you know its time to go home?

tomca

IMGP0443.jpg

Gods way of telling me its over :S

Fished some rocky ledges in the Coomera from 4 onwards with no love. Hooked a few bream in the mid 20's and some baby gt's were schooling up with my sx40 as I retrieved. Bream were all caught on 2lb with lightly weighted slider grubs in a green/brown colour.

After the sun went down there was a lot of surface action and the breeze disappeared completely.

I cast a bubblepop35 around some pontoons and had quite a few misses and then it happened, right up against a pontoon. The lure touched down, I closed the bail arm and the water erupted with a big take and a great fight, it headed for the rockes, then a post, then under the motor, around the boat. 3 attempts and its finally in the net. Bring it up to the light and I see what it is :angry:

Hi tomca ,im only new to the site sat last gone i went up to nudgee fishing and found that fishing late at night the slimy catties come out to play ive only got light gear and found the catties put up a bit of a good fight ,ive got a 2000 series penn reel and 1.8 meter rod with 20lb braid line and 40l.b braid leader, which was fun,i caught about 4 then thought yep must be time to call it a night,i havent been fishing for ages and am new to fishing in s.e.qld,the catties i got were about 45-50 in lenth and put up a good bit of entertainment for me.i got onto the catties after every one else called it a night ,may be i should of too.but its all good fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys ,ive just been reading up on popers and they come in all sizes and colours I LOVE FLATTIES so after re-reading this topic i'm going to give a little poper a try for a flattie ,ive tried gulp blood worms ,sqiudgies and many types of bait to get a nice juicy flattie to no avail,yamashita plop and skip and see how i go.Im yet to catch a flattie ive only caught bloody cat fish :angry: and some sort of a sea perchs so far. :woohoo: PIC00034_AFO-20091111.jpgPIC00032_AFO-20091111.jpg

kiara_poltegerist wrote:

the top fish is bream, and the bottom one is moses perch mate. if you're after flatties, 4 inch jerkshads might be a better bet.

I didnt know what sort of fish they were, :) thanks for that,gotta go on saturday and do a bit of filling up my tackle box :) ive mostly 100% of the time been using baits,with no avail(only catties).

Alan

How do I know its time to go home..

It starts with the mobile ringing and ends with the lady of the house saying.. and do we still own the wagon and boat, as they seem to have been missing for a few days longer than expected...bloody mobiles :blush::blink::laugh:

Archived