Noosa offshore report.

Toby-MJ

Hi there,

Just thought I’d send some photos of some fish we caught between 23/10/09 and 25/10/09. Tom Clancy and I decided to head out and try our luck with some reefies, as the weather was mild enough.

We were dropping down five inch jerk shads in the new banana prawn and pillie colour and Jackall mask vibe 60's in a clear with gold speck colour.

day-1

we managed 15-20 squire ranging from 35 – 58 cm to the fork and 5 or 6 grassy sweetlip around 45 – 47 cm to the fork as well as tomato cod, tuna, small red emperor and a few undersize pearl perch.

Day-2

The next day we got out just on dawn and landed 20-25 squire up to 48cm to the fork as well as tuna, undersize pearl perch and some more grassy sweetlip around 45cm to the fork.

we also got blown away many times but what do you expect on 6lb?

qxjqex.jpg

34qmg53.jpg

j9twub.jpg

141qw41.jpg

zyhyet.jpg

160rh1e.jpg

292bamo.jpg

also got this alright 71cm flatthead.

good stuff boys! been hittin my local inshore reef this winter.. in my 3.5mtr tinny depending on conditons good snapper to 58cm tuna,cobia,kings.. been puttin live yakkas out behind da boat(while drift casting softies for reefies) with a pea size sinker on em on 6-10kg gear big tuna,cobia,and a few eary season mackeral.. :)

surfacestrike wrote:

good stuff boys! been hittin my local inshore reef this winter.. in my 3.5mtr tinny depending on conditons good snapper to 58cm tuna,cobia,kings.. been puttin live yakkas out behind da boat(while drift casting softies for reefies) with a pea size sinker on em on 6-10kg gear big tuna,cobia,and a few eary season mackeral.. :)

Looking forward to hearing more about it surfacestrike. Nice Jack in your display as well.

This thread has given me more hope for the options in my new 3.6m :)

Angus

Angus wrote:

surfacestrike wrote:

Looking forward to hearing more about it surfacestrike. Nice Jack in your display as well.

This thread has given me more hope for the options in my new 3.6m :)

Angus

let me know when ya heading out gus il tag along

Archived