Help with Furuno Ls4100 sounder mounting

ozskippy

Hey guys just trying to mount my new sounder - Furuno ls4100 to my tinney quinney 420 WBdory do i need to use the little wedge that they supply any tips on placing the transducer i have never done this before how far do i put it below the hull etc any help would be appreciated.

Placement of the transducer is usually right at the base of the hull, but not quite sticking below it. (just protects it a bit)you want it to still be in the water when on the plane, Not to close to the motor, head unit where ever it suites you to see it whilst fishing and operating the boat. I have mine screwed to an old cutting boat, and just move it about on the back seat to suit where I am sitting or casting from.

I have the same sounder and all I did was follow the instructions. Read them carefully! With that hull you might not need the wedge, just depends on the angle of your transom. And main thing is its out of the swing radius of your motor but all of this is written in the instructions that would of came with it. If you can't get it working right you can always call them at furuno brisbane, they r usually pretty good in there. Good luck!

Instructions please...................... no i was more after if i should use the wedge or not on the transducer i have no idea what the transom angle was. mounted it without the wedge looks fine. the only drama was that because of where the boat sits on the trailer i had to go a bit closer to the motor hopefully it will be fine!!!!!!!!!

i have mine really sunk into the water column. tried it in a few places and where it is now is where it works the best i found, almost every speed and in very adverage conditiions, i still get the same pic on the screen, damn! bloody demo mode? nah but seriously mine reads well and i have gone to a lot of trouble to make sure it does so, my trans is aprox 2 inches below a lifting strake, exactly where is it not recomended to be placed, but the only downfall is knocking it, but that has only happened once in 10 years.

Archived