Is there a better reel than the HRF for the price?

Brian D

I hate wasting money so I amhoping to get some general info. After buying Diawa Hard Rock Fish low profile baitcasters for the last 4 years I kinda think they have a limited life in production. I am a big fan of multipal reels of the same make becuase you get used to the feel of the drag, casting abilities and limitations.

Before I jump in and pick up another HRF does anyone have a reel they could reconmend that does the same job for below the $300 mark?

Brian

i have been using the HRF for 4 or 5 years myself for barra,makeral,snapper,jew etc,

and i have caught hundreds of fish on the one i have,never had to replace or repair anything in that time and it is still going strong,lately i have been looking at upgrading it but the only reel i felt would do the job as well as the HRF was the new zillion coastal,i cant comment on the shimano stuff as all smaller reels are daiwa and none have let me down so i wont be swapping in a hurry.

m8 i think i am just going to get another HRF and shout the old one a drag upgrade and a couple of new bearings so the young fella has a good med heavy casting outfit.

Scott

personally the daiwa low profiles are a bit in front of shimano. the zillion from the states is sweet as, i ordered 300yards of powerpro in red and got it for less than 150yds sells for here, looks sweet, smooth as.

of course there is nothing wrong with the shimano, the curado e7 is very nice too.

reasons why daiwa is better imo, magforce, floating spool and re-engaging gearing by pushing thumb lever back up.

daiwa is definately ahead in terms of technology, but for value durability and fishability i have to give the award to shimano, the difference is the daiwas are awesome for a while until they start needing service after service

but thats a can of worms noone wants to play with :D

Thanks guys for the feedback.

Gezz Nads, I've had a HRF for 4 years and only ever put a bit of oil on the moving bits.

I think I'll get another HRF from mo! But I have changed my mind and getting the shamino curedoe05 from Foxies.

Why - cause it has a slower retrieve ratio which helps once you start to loose your technique.

Archived