Brisbane River Classic Fishing Competition Only A Few Weeks Away

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: Brisbane River Classic Fishing Competition Only A Few Weeks Away **

Register online now for the 2009 Lemax Brisbane River Classic

The 2009 Lemax Brisbane River Classic fishing competition is now only a few weeks away. There has been a good turnout this year so far with many lucky enough to register early and receive the early bird discount. The good news is that if you register now you can save $10 and pay only $40 per adult instead of $50 it will be on the day. For more information see the articles and information on the 2009 BRC

To see the huge prize list for this competition please see the 2009 Lemax Brisbane River Classic fishing competition Prize List

ALL CATEGORIES ARE PHOTO AND RELEASE CATEGORIES!

Longest Bream

1st: Lemax Storm Legend Spin 6'0", 6-12lb, lure weight 20g, $200 RRP

2nd: Damiki Lure Pack $100 RRP (1 x Armour Shads, 1 x 55mm Damiki Vault, 1 Damki Napjaru, 2 x D Grub, 1 x Wow Grub, 1 x MU, 1 x MUSP, 1 x Saemi, 1 x Cap, Stickers).

3rd: Lemax Tackle Prize Pack

Longest Threadfin

1st: Lemax SlimMax Spin 6'6", 8-20lb, lure weight 30g, $210 RRP

2nd: Daiwa CY 4000 Spinning Reel $129 RRP

Longest Shark

1st: Lemax Storm Legend Baitcast 7'0", 8-20lb, lure weight 40g,  $245 RRP

2nd: Tsunami Gimble Belt

Best Miscellaneous

1st: Lemax Blue Mountain Spin 6'6", 6-15lb, lure weight 25g, $135 RRP

2nd: Damiki Lure Pack  $100 RRP (1 x Armour Shads, 1 x 55mm Damiki Vault, 1 Damki Napjaru, 2 x D Grub, 1 x Wow Grub, 1 x MU, 1 x MUSP, 1 x Saemi, 1 x Cap, Stickers).

Junior BRC (Best Miscellaneous)

1st: Damiki Lure Pack (2 x A Grubs, 1 x D Grubs, 1 x MU, 1 MUSP, 1 x Armor Shad, Stickers). Sports Tuition ½ Day Charter for 2.

2nd: Sports Tuition ½ Day Charter for 2.

Longest Catfish

1st: Damiki Lure Pack $80 RRP (1 x Armour Shads, 1 x 55mm Damiki Vault, 1 Damki Napjaru, 1 x D Grub, 1 x Wow Grub, 1 x MU, 1 x MUSP, 1 x Cap, Stickers).

2nd: Sports Tuition ½ Day Charter for 2.

Best Skipper

1st: Budget Bimini Top Package: $390.00 RRP

Raffle - $5 Entry (so bring your change to Event HQ when you report, weigh-in and prize presentation)

1st:Briggs and Stratton BSQ1000 750 watt 4 stroke generator valued at $650 RRP

• 2 weeks later...

Just Talkin to Rummy and it don't pay to be crook the week before :huh: but I had it in my head that the BRC was the first W/E in December DOH :ohmy: to my surprise :silly:

To find out it is this W/E NP :P

2 boats will be used Absconded will venture out bout 12 pm Sat from Comslie till when ever pm and head home Sat night some time and return for an early start on Rumrunners boat Sunday morning till weigh in :woohoo:

So say gday if you see us and good luck to all

BTW Me, Rummy and Fisher Dan are heading to Stanage Bay in the new year (2nd of Jan) for a week of fishing ,crabbin and having a good time Rummy and Dan are takin bikes to explore new lakes etc 2 vehicles are goin but we do need a smaller boat for the crabs / jacks / Barra etc in the creeks etc if the wind gets up ( subtle hint @ you Henry I'll tow yor boat lol )

if your interested let us Know or if you have a boat for for sale that would suit ,again let us know

Accomadation for the week will be less than 150 $ each for the week plus fuel etc etc

expressions of interest ??

ps all though this place sleeps 8 there is only one spot available to make a group of 4 for this trip so be quik :woohoo:

Maybe a good venue for a AFO group outing with more boats in the future :woohoo:

Cheers Gaz

I just had a look at the target species and noticed the prizes.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE NOVELTY CHEQUES!

That made my day at the Moreton Bay Classic, I won a section and was awarded a fabulously large cheque - I had hoped the BRC would continue in the same vein. I wanted to see novelty cheques the size of small cars.

Its not too late Gus, how about a novelty cheque for $1 for all prize winners?

I still have mine mounted to my office wall.

if anyone is fishing around the mouth of the river and wants to pull up for a break ill be camping out at pinkenbar next to the pipeline and tanker i should be able to put on a good cup of tea and a bit of shade for anyone needing it just beware of shark lines on your aproach ill have a ute a very large shade thingy a canoe and yellow inflatable maybe my mates camper if we can get someone to drive it out there as shawn has no licencse.

soo come and look us up and say hi

jason

51MPL wrote:

hey guys, anyone know roughyl how long the 10am info session thing takes? i will probably have to drop by there in the morning grab my ID listen to the rules etc then head off to work :'( gonna be a looong day hehe ^_^

Only a couple of minutes. Its largely to get a signiture for insurance reasons and pick up your unique item.

It is 100% essential to attend this :)

Angus

faulked wrote:

if anyone is fishing around the mouth of the river and wants to pull up for a break ill be camping out at pinkenbar next to the pipeline and tanker i should be able to put on a good cup of tea and a bit of shade for anyone needing it just beware of shark lines on your aproach ill have a ute a very large shade thingy a canoe and yellow inflatable maybe my mates camper if we can get someone to drive it out there as shawn has no licencse.

soo come and look us up and say hi

jason

hi Jason

gazza and my son and i will be in that area gathering bait on one of the days so we will try and spot ya and say gedday!

might not be able to get our boats in there thou?

look out for gazzas boat on sat and mine on sun! (unless we end up sleeping on gaz's)

see you then

cheers Ian

Archived