Not a very good river session at all! 4/11

Keen-as-fisho

Had a job just off Wynum rd this morning so towed the boat and launched at fishos at lunch. It all went sour as soon as I parked the ute. From the nice gentle breeze while I was working to absolute gail force as soon as I left the ramp for Boggy. Anyway headed up past the foot bridge and pipe up to the last fenced bridge chasin poddy mullet. More bad luck. My very good top pocket cast net got caught on a fallen tree and I couldn't save it :angry: the only thing that remotly cheered me up was the fact that it had lasted 11 years without tearing. After all the cursing I calmed down and whent to chase some flatties. Not a single flatty. Got onto two small trevally. Hanged around until 8pm. Got two catties. Still blowing a gail. Had a gut full so called it quits.

Still pissed off about my net :angry::angry: . Rant over (I wouldve preffered to have been working)

ahh I was certain Ryan you were going to catch! Conditions just seemed perfect.

Feel for you keen-as-fisho, also tore a meter long gash in my cast net, so now I have a long line of sinkers hanging from the net. Only had the net for 2 months...still money well spent.

Going to try Ryans patch and repair with small cable ties tonight.

Just got a relpacement cast net from bcf for $76 on special. 9'1 top pocket. 11 years was good innings, it had several patchs but after a million casts or so its gone :( anyway tomorow is another day and hopefully better. Dad and I will be on the river early arvo till late night to early morn, pending weather. Either brissy (more than likely) or coomera/nerang.

Archived