new TT blades

thousandyards

so my brother got his dream job working for TT in their manufacturing.......lucky bugger......and passed on some news i thought i'd share

TT's bringing out new polycarbonate blades which are apparently pretty sweet. my bro had a couple of prototypes which are now fish jewellery which i guess is a good sign......

anyway, they should be out soon - just thought i'd pass on the info and let people know...

I have seen Jigman still spinning his tales on other sites. :laugh: Is there anything that man hasn't caught?

Read in B&B that Darren Borg used these blades in one of the kayak bream rounds to good effect. I am looking forward to seeing the pics, new fish candy is always good :woohoo:

brisbane_boy wrote:

This is in no way a criticism especially after all the robzam crazyness, but there is another maker called koolabung which had the same polycarb material in blades, i thought it was a pretty neat idea, nuckle actually got a good threddy on one of those.

There was a few tackle box divider and split shot versions floating around as well. Most of the stuff that is 'new' these days has been done before in some way or another.

At one of the Bass comps where blades were the latest bass lure, a mate of mine (been lure n fly fishing for a long time) pulled out some blades that were about 10yrs old, maybe more. Gave me a little laugh.

nice looking tt's , after reading it i thought how easy it could be to make a simple blade lure, after a quick stuff around i made a funny looking but works blade, they are very simple to make! the polycarbonate is what face shields for lathes is made of ;) i might stuff aroud with some more shapes and sizes for the hell of it :laugh: 1-20091107.jpg

post-4300-144598509541_thumb.jpg

Wes: Mate you should persue that for sure.. Bloody good effort for a first go.

Cowfish: From what I have found I think the sink rate is roughly the same but then again fishing in 3m of water with a 1/8 sinking lure the difference is always going to be very minimal.. I do find that they have a slightly more active action on the drop than the old kind if you stay in contact with the lure so that would be a plus for me.

They can also work at lower speeds so it is easier to fish them slower.. Guaranteed though by the time they are complete they will be another gun lure if they are going to throw the TT badge on them.

• 3 months later...

HookedOnTackle wrote:

the stiffy blades are poly aren't they? or some kind of plastic

either way, looks like i need to find some more $$$ and tackle box space soon... sigh.

bit late but yep. They make plastic/poly ones. Magiva caught a good sized Yella on one of the Hinze overnighters.

Archived