Windows 7 any good?

kriso

You cant get windows 7 upgrade for under $80 for home edition, gets more expensive with ultimate and pro. It has the same type of platform as vista but instead it works much better. In my opinion it is way better than vista but dont expect miracles from the product. Its a step in the right direction since windows 95.

kriso wrote:

Hey guys,

i know there is a few computer wizz's on here so i got a question for ya's i can get windows 7 dirt cheap (under $30), i have vista currently (home basic) and i reckon its dogs balls, is the windows 7 upgrade worth while?

cheers

Kriso

Windows 7 on the current build is free. Are you after 64 or 86? I can't believe people are actually paying for this considering there is a free license until way past 04/10 (I'm not sure what the exact date is). (yes this may be for vista users, but it's now commonly available with the beta key for non-vista users)

I would strongly suggest picking a nice Linux operating system and avoiding W7 completely. It will take businesses at least 2-5 years to catch up and actually start using something like W7, hell, my work still uses internet explorer 6. I have to download google chrome and hide the *.exe file so their weekly sweeps don't delete it.

bogan wrote:

kriso wrote:
Hey guys,

i know there is a few computer wizz's on here so i got a question for ya's i can get windows 7 dirt cheap (under $30), i have vista currently (home basic) and i reckon its dogs balls, is the windows 7 upgrade worth while?

cheers

Kriso

Windows 7 on the current build is free. Are you after 64 or 86? I can't believe people are actually paying for this considering there is a free license until way past 04/10 (I'm not sure what the exact date is). (yes this may be for vista users, but it's now commonly available with the beta key for non-vista users)

I would strongly suggest picking a nice Linux operating system and avoiding W7 completely. It will take businesses at least 2-5 years to catch up and actually start using something like W7, hell, my work still uses internet explorer 6. I have to download google chrome and hide the *.exe file so their weekly sweeps don't delete it.

ummm have no idea what your saying - i know nothing about computers sorry

I have been using Windows 7 since the release candidates and now have it running on a desktop and laptop.

So far it is great! Well worth the upgrade - think of it a Vista with most of the bugs ironed out :)

If your hardware can support it (especially RAM) it is worth the upgrade

Blair

is anyone running the 64bit version of windows 7?

tin- make sure your hardware will run in windows 7 if you are thinking of upgrading your current OS. if not just buy a new machine it will come with windows 7 home edition. stick with the 32 bit version unless of course your gonna be running more than 4 gig of memory with a high end vid card. if you are gonna upgrade you will have to install xp first then windows 7. good luck

• 2 months later...

Microsoft are making everyone pay for their (microsoft's) stuff up.

Windows 7 is a money making scam by microsoft to cover the money lost via fista vista. W7 should have been a free service pack download for vista users (maybe it is now. not sure. i've given up on it) Similar to the xp service pack 2.

fista is like x95 or firefarks...you have to tell it what to do, and to do it, you need to spend all day downloading crap. 7 from what I'm told is buch better, less bulls+*%, but should NOT be a NEW OS. It should have been a fix for the last stuff up from MS.

The world would be a much safer place and more people would have jobs if we didn't have stupid computers. XP works...so I'll stick with that. If it ain't broke.....Don't fix it!...

For those with W7, I just stumbled across this tonight.

Create a new folder, and then rename it - GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

The folder icon and name then changes to Godmode, and gives you every system tool, customisation tools etc under the one easy to find folder.

Archived