Cressbrook dam

Aaron H

Hey guys, have just been given the unenviable of task of trying to organise a camping trip at Easter time. The requirements are water teeming with fish (For three fisherman), toilet and shower facilities (three girlfriends coming along who all did really well to survive the texas trip)and within four to five hours of Brisbane. Borumba is booked out, most other lakes will be full of skiers or booked out.

Thought I would have a look at Cressbrook, the water is low and have been told the bass are schooling up nicely, and no skiing allowed. Anyone ever camped out there and fished it? If so any info would be greatly appreciated

i read that it is open to all forms of boating but at a 8 knot limit there will be jetskiers

have you thought about lenthals that is within shooting distance especially if your staying for a few days

personally i would think about going to one of the islands

coincidently somerset or wivenhoe with the bonus that wivenhoe has the winter bass reputation :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Post edited by: Oztrav, at: 2007/03/17 11:35

Lenthalls would be good, but you need to camp at either Burrum or Maryborough. Only 2 cabins at Burrum, one was permenantly rented when we were there, but plenty of camp sites, good facilities. About 30 minutes run to the dam. (20 of that is over the 10k of Dirt road into the dam)

Hey Aaron,

Haven't been there yet but it looks a great spot facilities-wise anyway.

Found the following link a couple of months ago when planning a trip there that never eventuated. It may be helpful.

/>http://www.aroundoz.com/november_2001/cressbrook_dam.htm

Archived