Spoon Lures

dan25

Hey guys

Was watching a fishing show today and they were making lures. They were making lures from spoons and then went out and caught a small fish in a freshwater creek. Looked really simple so i went off and made a few. Really simple, looking forward to trying them and seeing if they work.

IMG_6479.jpg

I dont really have any idea on what would take it so if you could give me any advice thatd be awesome

Dan

Funnily enough on Thursday night me and Kriso were cruising the BCF aisles and came across spoon jigs. There was one there for barra and we looked intently at the size of this thing, but decided that it really did just look like a shiny stainless steel salad spoon (I hear the girls squirming) so left it on the shelf.

But some of my fist ever lures when I was a kid where almost indentical to what you have made there!

I'm sure they'd work on a whole host of species. In freshwater I'd say bass, toga and probably yellowbelly too. They create an erratic retrieve and if you constantly vary speed and rod angle you get a heap of different retrieves. Used them as a kid in Gladstone on queenies... Until mum worked out where her spoons were going...

Archived