Skinny albert bass fun !

wesfish

well i finally had a go at the albert river for some bass, i started trekking downstream and was very impressed with the skinny water that you can fish there! i trekked down to the next big pool of water fishing any lil section that was 1 foot or deeper, the lil pockets all had numerous amounts of bass in them, i had heaps and heaps of missed hook ups but landed 10 bass ranging from tiny bubs to about 30cm, the 30 cm ones were great fun in the tight water :woohoo: i did not get a touch at the next big section of water so i just hit the lil spots that produced on the trek down! the skinny water available in the albert is action packed fun :laugh: 1-20091109.jpg

post-4300-144598509934_thumb.jpg

Great stuff there! I have walked some of those sections, but your pics I havent been to yet! I have nailed about 10 bass in the last few weeks from those sections. All have been undersize but there was one decent one I have hooked and lost that peeled off line for about 5 mtrs before coming loose from the lure....really disappointed me that one

mick fillet wrote:

hey well done mate thats some nice pics.

are there well worn tracks from other people hitting the spot or what? did ya just have to bash ya way through the scrub?

nah no tracks , just big gum boots for wading shallows and make my own tracks lol waders would be perfect for exploring more of the area,

brian lol if the area around the weir section is any thing to go by then the locals are disrespectful drunks, i have never seen so much rubbish in a swimming area before! i dont think they would be capable to follow me through the terrain so i feel safe :laugh:

wesfish wrote:

mick fillet wrote:
hey well done mate thats some nice pics.

are there well worn tracks from other people hitting the spot or what? did ya just have to bash ya way through the scrub?

nah no tracks , just big gum boots for wading shallows and make my own tracks lol waders would be perfect for exploring more of the area,

brian lol if the area around the weir section is any thing to go by then the locals are disrespectful drunks, i have never seen so much rubbish in a swimming area before! i dont think they would be capable to follow me through the terrain so i feel safe :laugh:

Wes I totaly agree, I don't fish there anymore. Years ago it was better but there has always been camp fires and a bit of rubbish but now there is crap everywhere.

Above the weir is a good bait spot with bigger fish but not as many. At the pipes on the old bridge (Stanmore road weir) is my yak launching spot. On the north side (salt) in another month you'll be able to catch bull sharks and bass in the same hole. If you walk around the road side, under the bridge and through the park there are tracks leading to some good holes. It is much cleaner there.

Archived