Some more firsts.

rayke1938

Visited Rumrunner this morning to get my car serviced before the Mondy tripand he then took me fishing to one of his local spots.

Headed off down Plunkett Rd ( I think) and pulled up beside a bridge where Rumrunned deployed some shrimp traps under the bridge and proceeded to run a scoop net beside some submerged logs and we soon had a few shrimp.

The river was running pretty strongly and I was throwing a sx40 and was having problems getting it to swim properly due to the current.

This is the downstream side.

PB100005.jpg

View from the bridge looking upstream.

PB100009.jpg

We then moved upstream where I continued to try a few different lures and blades and Rumrunner soaked a shrimp.

PB100006.jpg

After around half an hour we decided to move downstream a bit to another pool that Rumrunner said may be ok.

I kept on with lures and Rumrunner flicked his shrimp into a littel eddy near some submerged trees and he was on immediatly. He quickly got around 4 more whilst I bombarded the same spot with nearly every lure I had in my tackle box.

I went over to shrimp and ended up with around 6 bass.

They are only small but in very good condition and silvery blue colouring.

PB100007.jpg

PB100008.jpg

Rumrunner increased his PB a couple of times during the day with a few well over legal size.

The firsts?

How often does your mechanic take you fishing?

First river bass on the southside.

Thanks

Rumrunner.

Cheers

Ray

Archived