tackle shop

Anhie

Closest one to you would be Charltons I have only been there once but staff were knowledgeable and friendly.

For high end gear Fishhead at Victoria point. AFO member fishyman ( Tom) works there. Angus works part time at Anaconda on the Northside and I am certain that there are quite a few other members who work in tackle industry.

Cheers

Ray

chaltons no complaints,good guys ,always helpful.

they have order in reel parts for me .

i have bought stuff then taken it back and got credit and bought something else.

even spent a hr with me talking and checking out the expensive reels and rods ,on the i mite buy 1 some time in the future, 1 day looking .

if i want a bag or frozen prawns , i go in and buy a bag of prawns off them instead of from a servo.i would rather give them the cpl of $ .

a cpl of guys from here work at Anaconda on the Northside.

do a search and u will find out who and where ,etc.

Tackle Warehouse coorparoo - great range of everything. good bait (selection and quality)

Never seem to have a "sale", however if you are after low to mid end reels they always have a pile of nicely priced ones there. Last time i was there they also had a nice selection of daiwa tierra casting rods on sale for $120 as well, i'll give them that. they also stock egrell rods, which i am in lust with but havent manged to pull the trigger on the mastercard for....yet.....

fishhead victoria point - smaller shop, higher end market. staff knowledge is excellent and willingness to pass on is good as well. good selection of flies if you are into fly fishing. take a hankie, the drool fctor in this shop is 10+.

BCF Capalaba - Huge range, some knowledgable staff there. Support big business instead of small/local ? your choice.....

Mossops 'Gabba - only been there once since Tol sold out. Nothing personal, new owners quite friendly as well. kayak stuff there too, actually will prob head there soon and get a folding anchor for the yak...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived