New Rule Brought In?

Gad

uglyfish wrote:

kriso wrote:
pretty sure that has allways been the case, i think you can get away with out having a tag if you are within a certain distance

I think youll find your wrong there kriso, all pots no matter what have to have a tag bearing your name and phone number or boat rego..

I thnk youll find your wrong there Uglyfish, all pots no matter what have to have a tag bearing the surname and address

Full details can be found here http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_3065.htm

Feral: Could you explain why people would want to tie their pot to a brick then throw the brick in?

Won't it be hard to find their pot later?

Is this done so wont be caught for having too many pots? Or is it to prevent share farmers?

Sorry for the dumb sounding question :silly:

I have seen a few people now sinking pots when out fishing and they dont mind me watching when they a trowing there hook to catch the pot.If its soooo bad to sink pots wouldnt people care that you are watching?I might start doing the same as i dont want anymore share farmers.

cheers sean

ellicat wrote:

It's a method to prevent sharefarming. Hopefully you remember exactly where it is and hasn't moved with the current, then drag a hook to collect the line later.

years ago when we left our pots in overnight, for a few nights in a row, and checked them each morning/arvo,I made up a homemade grapling hook out of 1/4 inch smooth bar and attached a rope to this,you dropped the pots out from a mark on the bank ,eg..a tree with a broken branch,a root sticking out the bank,bit of dumped concrete pipe etc,you put a house brick in each pot,the chicken wire mesh pots were the go then,this stopped the pots moving with the tide.

these days the rules and fines do not equate to the time and effort required.

And as Feral said pitty the poor buggers who`s prop hits them on low tides

Archived