Anaconda Store: Buy $100 or greater to get $40 off

cboy69

This was lifted from ozbargain.com.au I hope it's okay to link to other sites.

I thought this was a decent deal. Mods please delete if not appropriate

I used it to buy a $100 Berkley rod for $60

Details from the coupons

- between Thursday 12th November until Sunday 15th November 2009

- Save $40 when you spend between $100 or more in one transaction after savings and discounts

- For more details just follow the link http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/18724

- Direct link for the coupon http://www.ozbargain.com.au/goto/18724

Great way to buy items like Berkley gulps. grab enough packs to make $100 and get $40 off.

They also do price matching and beating. You better call the store in advance if you want to try this as there are conditions. ie requiring proof

So get them to price match Big W on Gulps then get $40 off with the coupon. BARGAIN!!

Hello, My name is Feral, and I have a problem......

ok Apologies to Anaconda Morayfield. I weakened and took my voucher in for a look at their rods. I only have 6 rods suitable for Monduran, so I reckoned I needed another one. Lo and behold,after much shuffling of silstar, okuma, various cheap glass rods and way overpriced mojiko "Tsunami look alikes" I found two Diawa's and 2 Berkley Crank Stiks in a dusty corner behind a pile of cheap combo's. The Crank Stiks were 6'10" 6 to 10 kilo baitcasters. The Daiwa's at $250 a piece were about 50% dearer than I have seen them elsewhere, so didn't rate a close look. The Crank Stik is not exactly a match for my main barra rod, a 6 kilo egrell, but similar length and weight, meaning it would make for easy "swap abouts" on the boat. (I like to fish one LH and 1 RH setup at a time when casting, and just swap about as I get tired) so I grabbed it. $70 after the $40 off. It'll do!

I went to Everton Park Thursday night to have a look.Saw Kreel and Tacklebox,stalked them for a while then went about my way.Best buy was I saw a dropshot which would have cost 60 bucks after refund.Not much doing.A lot of overpriced goods(presumably to recoup some of the 40 buck gift)

I didn't get too much.I got crimping pliers for 15,squid jigs x 2 for 3 bucks each and 3 packs of nitro jig heads for 2 bucks each.Nothing else really took my fancy.

Hulk

We thought the same as Feral and Hulk. Popped in for a look on Thursday night and nothing took our fancy. Then we went fishing yesterday and kreel had a rod malfunction while battling a suspected shovelly. We got off the water, went straight to Anaconda and picked up one of the new berkley dropshots.

Saw a lot of familiar faces on the brag wall too. show offs! :P

a lot of complaining about overpriced goods but how many other stores offer a 10% discount if you find the other item cheaper elsewere.. so example you find a item anaconda has for $1500 on special at another store for $1200 and just tell them this and after a quick call to confirm this item will cost you $1080.. not to mention the 20% of store wide nights every few months.

tacklebox wrote:

We thought the same as Feral and Hulk. Popped in for a look on Thursday night and nothing took our fancy. Then we went fishing yesterday and kreel had a rod malfunction while battling a suspected shovelly. We got off the water, went straight to Anaconda and picked up one of the new berkley dropshots.

dead set with the amount of broken rods this guy has had i think he should be down graded to uglysticks and hand reels only and let you play with the good stuff tackle box!

Funfisher wrote:

a lot of complaining about overpriced goods but how many other stores offer a 10% discount if you find the other item cheaper elsewere.

I generally give my business to whoever has the cheapest initial price, cant be bothered haggling. Apart from the other half of the complaint, they dont actually stock anything decent these days, they used to.

kriso wrote:

tacklebox wrote:

dead set with the amount of broken rods this guy has had i think he should be down graded to uglysticks and hand reels only and let you play with the good stuff tackle box!

lol in fairness to kreel, one of the breakages was not his fault and the rod was replaced free of charge. the one that broke on the weekend was the replacement. shimano piece of crap that came as part of a combo so no great loss.

kriso wrote:

tacklebox wrote:

:( :blush:

tacklebox wrote:

kriso wrote:
tacklebox wrote:

lol in fairness to kreel, one of the breakages was not his fault and the rod was replaced free of charge. the one that broke on the weekend was the replacement. shimano piece of crap that came as part of a combo so no great loss.

having been there when kreel broke this rod for the first time I can attest to it being a heap of sh1t. 6-8kg rods should never break when fighting a 35cm white trevally with 20lb line. It is just not right... Needless to say I won't be buying any lower end shimano rods anytime soon. However, when he throws them overboard... :)-

btw anaconda's fishing stuff has defintely gone downhill since the start. The $40 off is still a good deal though in anyones books.

Archived