A different kind of catfish

dhess

Late thrursday night I was preparing all my gear for an outing on friday morning. I had just finished learning and practising my perfect loop not. I tied on a bronze coloured minnow HB and clipped on to one of the rod runners when our tonkinese kitten Loki took a liking to the lure. He pounced on it, bit it and got hooked instantly on one of the trebles:ohmy: I quickly got my gf to hold him down while I unhooked it.

In the struggle he bit me on my left index finger with such force that two of his teeth penetrated my fingernail.

Thankfully it only left a tiny hole in his bottom lip and he went straight back to playing and causing general chaos.

Moral of the story careful leaving fishing gear around pets.

Sorry no photos of the incident but here is the catfish. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/loki.jpg

post-972-144598409365_thumb.jpg

Its nearly happened to me with lures as well mate.

I have two cats at home and well small bright thinks moving fast attracts them as fast as it does a bass.

There was a cat at teh jetty i always used to fish at noosa as a kid. It would be fed often by the fishermen little tid bits of bait. If someone left a baited line on the jetty the cat would deftly remove the bait with its mouth and paw avoiding the hook. quite amazing really.

Angus

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/03/19 09:39

Archived