Not Bulimba, now Manly, Wednesday 18th (Edit.)

MoparKevUk

I'll be at Bulimba Yacht Club from about 6.45pm. Unless it's chucking it down. Tide time for Bris Bar is 4:58pm low, so not holding out much hope, especially with last nights fresh, but fishing is fishing, aye! Servo Mullet for me, unless 1 of you castnet junkies can spare a live fella!! Does one weight the line with a livvie on it? To get a bit further out and keep it near the bottom....

(PS Please be sure to tell me if you think this is a COMPLETELEY wasted fishing expedition!!)

Hey Kev,

I might come down tonight. A fishing expedition is never wasted :) But... with the reports a little quiter down there recently and with all the rains.... would you consider a change of venue?? like the william Gunn jetty?? its closer to your house, well lit and with the potential for fresh calamari...

Always up for a change of venue. And obviously it'll be more salty down there. I'll make a choice and say yes to William Gunn Jetty, Manly, 6:45pm. Will edit the title to show this. Good idea, fella!! B) Just luring? I'll bring a big rod and a little rod. Only down side for WG is the lack of places to rest yer rod....

Yep... well aware of that Eug... but I've been made aware of some updates on the fishing there too :D

Cool... I'll see you there Kev... see if you can get there earlier and get right at the end of the pontoon mate. I'll bring the castnet and we'll chuck some livies and deadies on :D..

Who's coming with us??

gateway.. i on the odd occasion head down to holt street for a fish , nice an local and can be pretty good at times , jus wondering if theres any other spots around gateway that's good , that u can acess with a vehicle , i can understand if i dont get replies , people wana keep the good spots hush hush , cheers RichH B)

got down there about 7 pm ish,was a good night .

caught nothing ,but caught up had a chat and a few cold ones :)

luv a chat and a beer :)

the drag went zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz once but no luv ,but did wake me up.lol

pulled the line in twice with coral ,rock ,barnacles stuff on the hook .

first time one of the barnacles tried to squirt me ,the second time there was a small mud crab, munching on my bait.

was a good night :)

was saying to the guys it was good i didn't have work ,so wasn't to tired to go for a fish and didn't have much on the next day .

left around 11 pm ish ,got home 12 ish and bed at 1 ish .

well as it would happen ,new it would work rang in the morning .

glad i didn't do a 5 am go to sleep like the nite before .

1 am not so bad to work the next day .:) money money money lol

RichH wrote:

gateway.. i on the odd occasion head down to holt street for a fish , nice an local and can be pretty good at times , jus wondering if theres any other spots around gateway that's good , that u can acess with a vehicle , i can understand if i dont get replies , people wana keep the good spots hush hush , cheers RichH B)

before the new gateway bridge got into ful swing i would see 4x4s every now n then on the rocks down under the gateway bridge fishing n havin a fire.....dont know how they got dwn there or if u still can......they were on the murrarie side to btw....had forgotten about it till now! always meant to investigate it but neva got around to it.......

Archived