Bait jigging how to's.....

MoparKevUk

I use them for slimy mackerel and tommy ruff back in SA and they work pretty well. Unless they are thick I usually put a tiny bit of bait on each hook to spice it up.

I don't know if they would be much chop in the river, the visibility might be a problem.

I've tried the 'standard' bcf/kmart bait jig with the fluro green bead, shiny wing material and bronze looking hooks and found them to be of little use in the se qld region. I only tried the one design but, so don't discount them. Also, tailor will and do make mince meat of that style of jig if they are around

fishingnut wrote:

good for jigging around pontoons and jetties and getting herring.....awesome livebait!

just put on a big sinker at the bottom and a slow lift and drop and ya set

I 2nd what fishingnut said. I use them when I can't be stuffed getting the cast net out, or I'm in NSW and they work fine. When on a pontoon/jetty I jig them right where the shadow of the jetty and the sunlight meet. For some reason gets the best results for me. Also a bit of bait, like a very tiny bit of of squid works well. Generally gets a great size for live bait. Got myself a little bream (28cm) this morning with livies, even though I was chasing flatty... which resulted in a donught of flatties. :blush:

often used around the top end of moreton or out the front of sth moreton and straddie for gettin slimies and the likes for livies kev, this shows your still a pom.LMAO. :laugh: will have to T up a day soon ay. and head to moolloolaba, cos i know brad is keen to get out there again.

Archived