Jessica Watson

ellicat

Feral wrote:

aarrggggh Ellicat for bringing this slow news week story back up, you had better sleep at Monduran with one eye open! Revenge will be coming!

You wont be able to forget it at Monduran.....I've painted my blue stripes pink and renamed her Elli's Pink Lady. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good luck to her I reckon. If it doesn't end well, so be it. If it does, she probably wont need the education to become financially comfortable. (Although I believe she is still schooling it onboard)

Cowfish13 wrote:

Well, what would everyone rather. A daughter who loves the sailing on the ocean, or one who sits at home on the computer tweeting?

Good luck to her

she aint doing bcos she loves sailing on da ocean, if she was, she'd be more experienced than what she shows, ie: leaves the eastern coast and collides with another large tanker, with the trip only being a few hours old, the east coast of aus is not that busy by shipping standards, then, she leaves the gold coast without logging on, or letting any 1 know, what her movements will be.hi mum i'm leaving now, beeep beeep beeep. in my opinion, she will get what she deserves, and rightfully so, how's it go? stupid is as stupid does!!! run jess, run! also i believe if any 1 has seen the doco of jessie martin ? i think it was. he was in serious doubt, and remember the camera always makes conditions look better than they are. and he had much more experience that she, but only time will tell.

noname wrote:

she aint doing bcos she loves sailing on da ocean, if she was, she'd be more experienced than what she shows

How do those two statements link together :huh: ? You can love something without being that experienced at it. I'm sure plenty of fishermen love fishing, but havn't been fishing for too long or are that good at it

there was a chap interviewed after her incident with a container ship and he had decades of sailing experience and had suggested to the family that jessica should do a shake down run around the bottom of tassie for some southern seas experience but he had no reply from the family and they never took the advice so heres this young girl with no big sea experience setting off around the world through some places that aren't kind to you while the parents urge her on what will they say if something happens going solo has its own perils will a young girl cope with all this after being isolated for so long jessie martin was on the verge of madness if you saw him after he got back and he wrote about it in his book

tugger wrote:

... the parents urge her on what will they say if something happens...

They "quote" the catch phrase`s "will always be in our hearts" "she was living out her dream".

experienced/inexperienced?? parents right or wrong?? Fact is she`s out there....GO Jessica....

If she does or does not succeed, lets hope some governments can legislate an international law that sets a firm minimum age for future attempts at these records.

cheers Gad

Cowfish13 wrote:

noname wrote:
she aint doing bcos she loves sailing on da ocean, if she was, she'd be more experienced than what she shows

How do those two statements link together :huh: ? You can love something without being that experienced at it. I'm sure plenty of fishermen love fishing, but havn't been fishing for too long or are that good at it

think about what you said, this is NOT a sailin trip across to moreton island.what she is trying to go is get recognition for something. like the rego sticker stipulated some years ago" know your limits" like i said i'm waiting for the day when the news is of a missing boat with 1 POB. it's just common sence. i love fishin but i aint going to the barron sea. i wouldn't survive, simple as dat. she thinks it's an easy trip. well look out.

Never heard her say its an easy trip, shes now near the equator, every wk teenagers get killed in car accidents, one way or the other she will be more famous than being in a car wrapped around a light pole. Just a few days ago an 11 year old caught a 200kg marlin stand up after a near 2 hour fight, great to see the youngens pushing all known limits older folks set.

Do$tylz wrote:

for me... no frikking chance my kids would be doin that. But if her olds a down with it and she's happy to have a crack... why not?? there are worse things that 16yr old girls are doing than what she is.

Just hope she stays well clear of the coast off somalia....

Too right. Somalian coast, yeah stuff that. The pirates won't think twice about the young nieve girl on her own on the big ocean.

As for the fact of spending millions on my daughter (if I had one) going around the world out of my hard earned, forget it, I'd rather send her to schoolies. (They need the experence in how to stand up for themselves anyway).

tugger wrote:

there was a chap interviewed after her incident with a container ship and he had decades of sailing experience and had suggested to the family that jessica should do a shake down run around the bottom of tassie for some southern seas experience but he had no reply from the family and they never took the advice so heres this young girl with no big sea experience setting off around the world through some places that aren't kind to you while the parents urge her on what will they say if something happens going solo has its own perils will a young girl cope with all this after being isolated for so long jessie martin was on the verge of madness if you saw him after he got back and he wrote about it in his book

she has sailed around Tasmania, don't believe everything in the media as they are only focusing on the negatives

once she gets past the the bottom of africa it's straight to australia fair way from somalia

• 3 weeks later...

ellicat wrote:

:laugh: Revenge was already yours (as mentioned in your small print). I've just figured I was setup with the decky spot with Ray, and I'm now pondering if there was some Force sabotage. :dry:

i agree mate, i also think it could of been feral who turned off your casting brake for the first session as well. rofl!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived