Brisbane River Classic This Weekend!

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: Brisbane River Classic This Weekend! **

Register online now for the 2009 Lemax Brisbane River Classic!

The 2009 Lemax Brisbane River Classic fishing competition is on this weekend!. Remember if you register now you can save $10 and pay only $40 per adult instead of $50 it will be on the day. For more information see the articles and information on the 2009 BRC

To see the huge prize list for this competition please see the 2009 Lemax Brisbane River Classic fishing competition Prize List

We will be holding a Raffle which you can puchase tickets throughout all saturday and sunday for the draw at the Prize Ceremony. It is $5 Entry so bring your change to Event HQ when you report, weigh-in and prize presentation for your chance to win an awesome 1st:Briggs and Stratton BSQ1000 750 watt 4 stroke generator valued at $650 RRP!!

Terry H wrote:

Picked up the bait yesterday.

Video Camera is charged and ready to go! Should be a good one!

goodluck Terry and all others chasing sharks!

cant wait to see how many toothies get caught and maybe releesed this yr!

im also out to get a shark for my boy! so he can learn what not to touch!

see ya there guys!

cheers Ian.

jakhunta wrote:

Say you catch a fish or shark bigger than a brag mat what other permissable ways are there measuring. cheers (not that I would be that lucky).

use two brag mats find another compeditor to sight it to varify it.

thats what i would do.

If you dont own 2 brag mats try to find another compeditor with one and use it.

Or you could just come to the wiegh in and tell every one about the one that got away :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Travis wrote:

every1 has to be there at 10 for the briefing as i understand it to sign waivers etc

All this information can be found in the Rules and other articles on the site. http://australianfishing.com.au/competitions/2009-brisbane-river-classic/information

From The 2009 Lemax Brisbane River Classic Rules and Conditions:

ENTRY FEE AND REGISTRATION:

Early Bird entry fees if paid before 10th October 2009 are $30 Adult (12 years and older) and $11.25 Junior (Child 12 years and under on or before 21/11/2009). Entries made after this date are $40 Adult, $15 Junior. You can register on the day, however this can only be done at the Event HQ and only cash payments will be accepted. The fee for registering on the day at the event are $50 per Adult and $20 per Junior and the entry fee must be paid and report for briefing done before you commence fishing to be eligible to weigh-in. Entry forms not correctly filled out will render the entrants ineligible for the prize and trophy draw. All entrants must report to the Event HQ before commencing fishing in the competition to receive the event briefing and sign Competitor Participation form. The Event HQ will be open from 10am - 4pm each day to report for briefing and submit entries of fish. Upon successfully reporting to the Event HQ each angler will receive a unique competitor's number which will be used to identify them throughout the competition. Ensure you keep this number and return it to organisers at the prize presentation for inclusion in the lucky door prize. No number means no chance for lucky door prize.

/>http://australianfishing.com.au/competitions/2009-brisbane-river-classic/information/319-2009-lemax-brisbane-river-classic-rules-and-conditions

Also

From The 2009 Lemax Brisbane River Classic Payment Options:

5. Cash

You can only pay by cash if registering on the day at the Event Headquarters in Colmslie. Please note there is a surcharge added for cash payments.The fee for registering on the day at the event are $50 per Adult and $20 per Junior and the entry fee must be paid and report for briefing done before you commence fishing to be eligible to weigh-in.

/>http://australianfishing.com.au/competitions/2009-brisbane-river-classic/information/315-2009-lemax-brisbane-river-classic-payment-options

hey, i don't mean to be critical here but, the BRC is the signature event for the year. and a starting time of 10 am on a saturday to a 4 pm wrap up is, well kinda short don't ya think?? i know a lot of people have a lot on their plate at this time of year, but for a signature event it's, just to short a time to have a sig comp. maybe move it to another time slot with a long weekend involved, ???? i feel as though 24 hours is just way short for this comp. but thats just me.

robbo

Ah I wish you all good luck, and a safe weekend. Unfortunately I won't be there as with work its just turned into too much of a logistical nightmare! Will have to raincheck it for next year,instead I am going to the broadwater in the afternoon (can't make it to register at 10am), to spend the night having a few and maybe head to the seaway in morning to see whats swimming around.

Anyway good luck, I look forward to seeing some great reports posted!

Cheers Andrew

Keen-as-fisho wrote:

noname wrote:
and if your not allowed to fish before 10 am saturday morning,

Is this true, We aren't aloud to fish before ten? I was planning on chassing livies before hand!

you have to register and be briefed on goings on and so on, for fish caught to be eligible for the weigh in, bait gathering and such is fine, knock yaself out. tryin out a 50 foot drag net myself, if i can't get anything in that !!!! :ohmy:

Travis wrote:

Im planning on fishing the whole 30 hours ha ha bit of a pub crawl between boats during the night and a snooze on the deck but hopefully have a line out the whole time

Amen to that brother will being doing the same thing maybe a wet sleep aboard after all the fish slapping around the floor :P Good luck to everyone enterd should be a ballsa of a weekend

:)

noname wrote:

you have to register and be briefed on goings on and so on, for fish caught to be eligible for the weigh in, bait gathering and such is fine, knock yaself out. tryin out a 50 foot drag net myself, if i can't get anything in that !!!! :ohmy:

bloddy hell rob!! what time you trying this out? might come help you,

can we share?? ;)

rathabfishin wrote:

Ah I wish you all good luck, and a safe weekend. Unfortunately I won't be there as with work its just turned into too much of a logistical nightmare! Will have to raincheck it for next year,instead I am going to the broadwater in the afternoon (can't make it to register at 10am), to spend the night having a few and maybe head to the seaway in morning to see whats swimming around.

Anyway good luck, I look forward to seeing some great reports posted!

Cheers Andrew

You can register/ be briefed anytime from 10am - 4pm just as long it is before you start fishing as you need your competitor number and unique item to be included in your photos and also need to briefed on the competition rules etc.

mookystiks wrote:

noname wrote:

bloddy hell rob!! what time you trying this out? might come help you,

can we share?? ;)

We will be at colmslie about 7 - 8 ish mooky

Archived