All BRC Competitors - Please Read This

Angus

Dear everyone planning on competing in the BRC.

I have had numerous texts and PM's today regarding the BRC dates and timings etc.

It is all on the site (http://www.australianfishing.com.au/competitions/2009-brisbane-river-classic/information)

Please read the details carefully. We WILL NOT be at the HQ 24/7 and if you rock up at the wrong time you may unable to report for the mandatory pre-fish briefing or weigh-in (submit photos of) fish.

All information for the BRC including Rules and Times can be found here: http://www.australianfishing.com.au/competitions/2009-brisbane-river-classic/information/319-2009-lemax-brisbane-river-classic-rules-and-conditions.

Please note that as well as the 2009 BRC Rules there are also the AFO standard event Rules as well to read. These can be found here http://www.australianfishing.com.au/competitions/standard-event-terms-and-conditions

I have also had a few people ask me if they "need" to attend the briefing.

All entrants must report to the Event HQ before commencing fishing in the competition to receive the event briefing and sign Competitor Participation form. The Event HQ will be open from 10am - 4pm each day to report for briefing and submit entries of fish. Upon successfully reporting to the Event HQ each angler will receive a unique competitor's number which will be used to identify them throughout the competition. Ensure you keep this number and return it to organisers at the prize presentation for inclusion in the lucky door prize. No number means no chance for lucky door prize.

So the answer is YES it is mandatory to report. For both insurance and the requirement to pick up your unique item, you MUST attend the briefing before you fish.

Once again please take the time to read the rules, timetables, procedures etc carefully.

Thanks for your time.

To sumarise what I've just read (please correct me if I'm wrong)...

Everyone must attend Sat at 10.00am for both insurance and the requirement to pick up your unique item

Weigh in (photo only) must be in by 4.00pm Sun.

What I could not see was when the weigh in station is open from?

Rocket

Rocket75 wrote:

Everyone must attend Sat at 10.00am for both insurance and the requirement to pick up your unique item

Rocket

Happy to clarify Rocket :)

Yes please attend the 10:00am rego. Obviously people will trickle in over the hour and thats fine. I was mainly concerned by some messages I recieved stating "See you at 6:00am"!!! :P

We will be there between 10:00am & 4:00pm Saturday and Sunday. You can enter your images during those times.

Cheers.

Angus

Rocket75 wrote:

Rocket

Zoomed in but coulnt find the location of the bar???? :dry:

Again, all this information can be found in the Rules and other articles on the site. http://australianfishing.com.au/competitions/2009-brisbane-river-classic/information

From The 2009 Lemax Brisbane River Classic Rules and Conditions:

ENTRY FEE AND REGISTRATION:

Early Bird entry fees if paid before 10th October 2009 are $30 Adult (12 years and older) and $11.25 Junior (Child 12 years and under on or before 21/11/2009). Entries made after this date are $40 Adult, $15 Junior. You can register on the day, however this can only be done at the Event HQ and only cash payments will be accepted. The fee for registering on the day at the event are $50 per Adult and $20 per Junior and the entry fee must be paid and report for briefing done before you commence fishing to be eligible to weigh-in. Entry forms not correctly filled out will render the entrants ineligible for the prize and trophy draw. All entrants must report to the Event HQ before commencing fishing in the competition to receive the event briefing and sign Competitor Participation form. The Event HQ will be open from 10am - 4pm each day to report for briefing and submit entries of fish. Upon successfully reporting to the Event HQ each angler will receive a unique competitor's number which will be used to identify them throughout the competition. Ensure you keep this number and return it to organisers at the prize presentation for inclusion in the lucky door prize. No number means no chance for lucky door prize.

/>http://australianfishing.com.au/competitions/2009-brisbane-river-classic/information/319-2009-lemax-brisbane-river-classic-rules-and-conditions

Also

From The 2009 Lemax Brisbane River Classic Payment Options:

5. Cash

You can only pay by cash if registering on the day at the Event Headquarters in Colmslie. Please note there is a surcharge added for cash payments. The fee for registering on the day at the event are $50 per Adult and $20 per Junior and the entry fee must be paid and report for briefing done before you commence fishing to be eligible to weigh-in.

/>http://australianfishing.com.au/competitions/2009-brisbane-river-classic/information/315-2009-lemax-brisbane-river-classic-payment-options

Keen-as-fisho wrote:

I have 1 question. I'm not sure how many competitors (and general public) will be launching at the colmsly ramp but will there be enough parking to cater for all? I only ask because my usual launch spot is fishos and if I launch there sat morning it is outside of the 50m rule for creeks and contributies etc of the river!

Mate you could launch there just fish inside the zones

Archived