somerset dam ?

fishguru5

hi all. in the holidays im looking at staying at somerset dam with some friends as i will be staying out at my dads property just down the road near esk. i am looking for spots to camp, fish, redclaw and i will have a boat also (and permit) and will anyone else from afo going to be up ther at any time? am open to all ideas

thanks pat

there are 2 public camp grounds one at kirkleagh which you can camp on the dam or somerset village opposite the shop below the dam wall which you need to drive a few km to the dam each day it will get busy during xmas holidays

markfishguru5 wrote:

hi all. in the holidays im looking at staying at somerset dam with some friends as i will be staying out at my dads property just down the road near esk. i am looking for spots to camp, fish, redclaw and i will have a boat also (and permit) and will anyone else from afo going to be up ther at any time? am open to all ideas

thanks pat

thanks guys ummm. well when i went to work the other day (trawler) the owner goes down to the pine and chucks in a few pots (roughly 50) :S and he reckons the best they have found is mullet BUT if your ther for the long term i.e a week a hole stingray brings em in. sounds all a bit far fetched too me :unsure: but these guys know there stuff

pat

well. wen they have a big (illegal) order they put in anywere between 600-700 pots. this is how it works. they pull the net through off bribie front ther and they keep the flicker mullet and all stingrays and bait these pots. u wont c floats as they are all sunk and marked on gps. this is in the pine dam tho.

what yr need is a well know remedy for pilferin.

Double barrel sawn off, 12 gauge , give em both barrels in the bow, sweet

then move in, one man jumps abourd with a lartge bowie knife and cuts a few throats.

Stealth....hit em hards with a few grenades, throw the dead overboard, they only get in the way of the killin...

Grab a few crabs and a few pots and you home and sweet.

thank god that there really is a god.

Dan

haha not even mate seen them all myself they built a shed to keep the bloody things in :S i dnt think they put them in anymore as morgans do not wish to buy them for legal reasons. i dont know the details i just do it for the money and fresh prawns :woohoo:, 3 spot crabs :woohoo:, sand crabs :woohoo: etc all good fun.

Archived