whats the most annoying habits ofnoobfisherpeople?

Joel Eadie

the thing that annoys me is when you take a rookie fishing,your catching fish and they arent so they whinge and moan and make up excuses instead of taking note of what i am doing and the gear and technics i'm using,having said that what annoys me the most isnt only a noob trait but something that quite alot of experienced fisho's do and that is winding a lure or a jighead right to the top of the rod and leave it there while travelling,then wonder why their braid isnt lasting or why they keep busting tips,i cant think of one reason why you would do it apart from laziness and a million reasons why you shouldnt

adamfitz wrote:

Perhaps another one.

If your boat is over structure in 50m of water... why cast 50m off one side into an incoming tide? Not just the noobs, always interested me why people 'land base' cast when on a boat.

If fishing lightly weighted plastics or floater rigs, casting up current gives the bait a chance to sink down to the fish before the current and boat position starts pulling it up.

bootyinblue wrote:

How funny are some of these answers!!

I would have to say from a actual fishing front, people who fish too close to you when there is 1 mil eof jetty, wall, or beach to chose from and then want to chew your ear off. I go fishing sometimes just so I dont have to talk to anyone.

On the forum front, I would say 16yo snotty nose kids who think they are fishing gurus and know best.

i completly agree with other boats coming up and fishing and chatting right near you thats gives me the sh**s.

But in regards to young fellas fishing my brother is 15 and he knows more than most ppl in tackle shops and catches better fish than most ppl i know.

scrote wrote:

quite alot of experienced fisho's do and that is winding a lure or a jighead right to the top of the rod and leave it there while travelling,then wonder why their braid isnt lasting or why they keep busting tips,i cant think of one reason why you would do it apart from laziness and a million reasons why you shouldnt

Scrote that would be so the lures are up and out of the way so you dont end up with them stuck in your back or bum when moving around the boat. Sounds like you need a better quality rod to me ;)

A few that come to mind:

- Guys with cast nets that come up right next to me and toss them in the same spot repeatedly. "Definition of a fool: someone who continuously tries the same thing expecting a different result."

- People that check crab pots every 10 minutes.

There's little worse for bream fishing under a jetty than idiots throwing crap in the water.

- People that take undersize fish.

- People that catch an undersized fish, let it flop around on the jetty, then step on it to stop it moving while they fumble with the hook.

Brian D wrote:

the most annoying thing is when other fishos pass judgement against fishos keeping legal catches. if it is legal they have a right to take their catch without being branded a crim.

this is one of the issues that is a cause of the division between fisho's that is only breaking us apart and helping those who want to see the end of our great sport/pastime

Bommie wrote:

Brian D wrote:
the most annoying thing is when other fishos pass judgement against fishos keeping legal catches. if it is legal they have a right to take their catch without being branded a crim.

this is one of the issues that is a cause of the division between fisho's that is only breaking us apart and helping those who want to see the end of our great sport/pastime

Yea, its hard to argue a case against "legal fact/right", "and personal I want opinion"

Bommie,

your point about "division" & "breaking us apart",I do believe some protest with blinkers on.

I fore see their "line in the sand" day(acknowledgement to Feral) to be imminent ,but I`m sure they will want the "crims" to be vocal for their rights when that day comes.

In European countries,the swing is turning into a ground swell to ban c & r practises,the argument there is on cruelty and mortality rates.

The successful plans for these groups has always been on the gullible, emotional divide and conquer strategies in the public arena.

cheers Gad

Bommie wrote:

Brian D wrote:

Bommie I couldnt agree more mate, there are people out there that are too green for there own good and dont like people like yourself and myself and others gettin a feed.I personaly think fishing for the future is a good thing but also gettin a good feed is fine.

Dean ;)

francomas777 wrote:

But in regards to young fellas fishing my brother is 15 and he knows more than most ppl in tackle shops and catches better fish than most ppl i know.

HaHa Franco, the first bit of that doesn't peg him to high on the knowledge tree!

Lots of young fella's do know a lot about fishing, but they are generally not the ones spouting forth, the ones who are, are the "tackle mag experts" with no experience of their own! Just as many older blokes do it as well, but they are usually better at it so harder to catch on to.

Its part of being young, we were all 10 foot tall, bullet proof and knew everything when we were teenagers!

Archived