Sounder alarm warning over 16volts Why??????

ozskippy

I have a furuno LS4100 and the warning alarm keeps coming on when the motor is revving above half throttle indicator shows that the voltage is about16.4v that why the warning is occurring why would this be happening and is it going to damage my sounder......how do i fix this????????????????

Voltage higher than about 14.5 will buckle the plates in your battery and ruin it pretty quick, especially when all the acid boils out of it. And electronics are a bit sensitive to excessive voltage, in a burn the circuit board kind of way. Might need to go to you local outboard mechanic and get the charge voltage checked

there is a little box on your motor that regulates the charge voltage and from time to time needs replacing. Its a job for someone with the tools and knowledge to fix it properly before something expensive happens to all the stuff connected to the battery, including the battery

As tom said charging over 14.5 volts will kill your battery and everthing hooked up to the best way to check it is with a multi metre with the motor running it should read from 13.2 to 14.5 volts if it's over that you need to get your alternator checked as the cost for a new aternator is better a then sounder and alternator.

If the voltgage is fine then it may be a fault in the sounder

cheers dassa

Archived