albert bassin early morning

wesfish

well i took a mate that lives a couple of doors down from me out to catch his first bass. we arrived at about 4:20am a bit late in my books :laugh: as i like to be there when its still pitch black, but none the less it will do, on the first couple of cast i nailed 2 nice bass around 35cm, my mate was saying thats great now where is mine lol we started trekking to some more skinny water and i gave him a damiki lure to try and on his first cast he got a nice tiny bass, his first ever! we continued down stream fishing all my lil spots i ended up with about 8 more bass to my tally and my mate got another 2 bass, i lost a great fish that was an easy 45cm+ at my feet after a great battle in really snaggy territory. all in all was good to get him his first bass and his first taste of lure fishing in freshwater .final tally

me 10 bass

him 3

cheers for reading

wes

my first bass for the morning 5-20091122.jpg

hell yeah it was such a great cast under all the over hanging trees and right next to a root system overhang , then twitch twitch slam zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i worked hard to get him out of the snags to get him at my feet just to have the hooks pull :( :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: cursing all the way back to the car :laugh:

Nice one Wes I agree you got there a bit late. I took the yak there on Wednesday and got 9 fish between 4 and 5am and only one after that. Lately it certainly pays to get there early. So far the best fish I have seen is a 42cm pulled from there so that 45 would have been a trophy fish for that creek, unlucky on pulling the hooks. I mainly fish surface in the Albert as I am addicted to the strike.

well done wes!

there has been more then a few 45-50cm models pulled from that section according to a few locals in my street! (taken and eaten not releesed)

i would be keen to meet you there one day to see how the hell you cast under all that structure?

i think i would lose all my lures!

are you keen on competition? bait v's lures!

$10ea winner takes all! lol

cheers Ian

rumrunner wrote:

well done wes!

there has been more then a few 45-50cm models pulled from that section according to a few locals in my street! (taken and eaten not releesed)

i would be keen to meet you there one day to see how the hell you cast under all that structure?

i think i would lose all my lures!

are you keen on competition? bait v's lures!

$10ea winner takes all! lol

cheers Ian

sounds like a fun session, i have had a similar comp with a bloke called mr salmon when i was younger, he challenged me my home made lure verse his fly fishing, the location was the wivenhoe spillway after the dam went over in 98 i think it was, the end result was he had 100% hook up per cast , but i only bet him cause i could have the lure in the water for more retrieves then him end result was him 26 bass me 31, the lure was a reject rocket red no eyes single treble wobbling crazy style home made cedar lure. i would say that you would get me with numbers using bait but if you make it say 3:50 am til 6:30am i would be keen to have a crack with my lil prial pencil :laugh: will let you know the next time i am heading down there and meet you there, most of my cast are short swinging flicks or horizontal low cast with the lure traveling about 1 foot or less off the water surface!

Archived