2009 Lemax Brisbane River Classic Results

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: 2009 Lemax Brisbane River Classic Results **

[img size=150]/images/stories/logos/logo_brc_300.gif

The 2009 Lemax Brisbane River Classic fishing competition was successfully run for a fifth time this weekend! With 60 competitors it was always going to be a tough competition, and the wind that picked up during the event didn't make it any easier. Congratulations must go to all competitors for another fantastic fishing competition.

The prize presentation was held at 4pm today at the Event HQ at the Colmslie Recreation Reserve with the following taking the great prizes provided by Lemax our Principal Event Sponsor as well as Sports Tuition, Damiki Tackle from Searing Tackle, Mobile Boat Canopies and Chesterfield Australia.

2009 Lemax Brisbane River Classic Results

Longest Catfish:

1st Place - Eugene Zhang - 626mm

2nd Place - Mark Sheehan - 613mm

3rd Place - Ian Ferguson - 608mm

Longest Bream:

1st Place - Tina Le - 351mm

2nd Place - Mick Nash - 341mm

3rd Place- Paul Graveson- 293mm

Longest Shark:

1st Place - Jason Baker -1400mm

2nd Place - Baden Phillips - 785mm

3rd Place - Not Awarded - Not Awarded

Longest Threadfin:

1st Place - Jeff Flynn - 1075mm

2nd Place - Daniel Stephens - 1038mm

3rd Place - Mark Sheehan - 958mm

Junior Brisbane River Classic:

1st Place - Anthony Sluggett - 400mm Estuary Cod

2nd Place - Anthony Sluggett - 370mm Flathead

3rd Place - Anthony Sluggett - 283mm Bream

Best Miscellaneous Fish:

1st Place - Paul Masinello - 645mm Snapper

2nd Place - Denis Metzdorf - 662mm Flathead

3rd Place - Franco Masinello - 610mm Estuary Cod

Franco  Masinello won the Best Skipper prize for having the best deckie, Paul Masinello who caught a fantastic snapper.

The Sluggett family won the raffle winning the superb Briggs and Stratton BSQ1000 750 watt 4 stroke generator valued at $650 RRP! donated by Chesterfield Australia

Do$tylz wrote:

Well done everyone :)

Angus - i think you've made a mistake mate... i don't think the flattie was mine that got 2nd for misc.

Hahaha I didnt even see that. I didnt actually post that. Ill ask webby to fix it up.

Who was it again my brain is fried from the weekend :P

Angus

Looks like you all had a great time !! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I'll be there next year for sure, not too sure who I'll be fishing with though?? :side: :side:

I'm dying to get onto one of those Brissie River threadies !! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Well done to all who entered and congrats to Angus and Johnny and crew for making the BRC such a special event !! :):)

You all should be very proud !! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Cheers. :lol::lol:

Angus wrote:

Do$tylz wrote:

Angus - i think you've made a mistake mate... i don't think the flattie was mine that got 2nd for misc.

Hahaha I didnt even see that. I didnt actually post that. Ill ask webby to fix it up.

Angus

That would be me :woohoo: :lol:

I also entred a 60.1cm catty I got on a whole squid, It looks like it just missed out and only by 7mm, bugger, ohwell I am absolutly stoked at landing 2nd for the misc fishy. :P

2ndplacewinnerofmiscfishofBRC.jpg

Dad and I had a great weekend (although dad needs some practise :laugh: ) Can't wait till the next event and it was good to meet some of the AFO guys and gals. I will be fine tweaking my techniques and trying new locations and snags along the brissy river in hope of a big bream/ thready entry for next year B) Its a plan anyway! :P

Keen-as-fisho wrote:

Angus wrote:
Do$tylz wrote:

Angus

Sorry, it was to do with Henry and You swapping numbers at registration. We have now corrected this and updated the results page.

Brisbane Fishing Online wrote:

Keen-as-fisho wrote:
Angus wrote:
Do$tylz wrote:

Angus

Sorry, it was to do with Henry and You swapping numbers at registration. We have now corrected this and updated the results page.

Dammit I should have kept that number 13.. :laugh: sorry for the confusion webby... and for cutting in on the line that morning :)

Archived