Lenthalls again????

rayke1938

I see that Fishntales of Hervey bay are having a family comp on the weekend of 29th April. Feral has already mentioned it somewhere else but I cant find it.

Is there any interest in a group of us going up there maybe leaving Friday night and coming back on Sunday afternoon? We could stay at Burrum River van park and fish Lenthalls and meet up with the Hervey bay boys sunday arvo. If there is sufficient interest I will see if I can book the cabin which has bedding for 4 and probably squeeze in a couple of extras on the floor.

Ray

Social Family Fishing Day

« on: March 13, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »

Reply with quoteQuote

Guys and Gals here is the date for our next Social Family Fishing Day. Sunday the 29th of April seems to be the best suited for our social day. Any species of fish can be entered so long as it is a legal species governed by the DPI rules and regulations and that includes fresh and salt-water species.

We are not judging on weight of fish but length of the fish instead. Anything from 23cm to 90cm could win you a prize so come on be in it. There will be prizes for our junior’s section as well so take the family fishing and make a weekend of it. The same rules we had for our Flathead Social Day will apply to this Social Day as well. If you do catch and release a photo of your fish on a brag mat will be fine. A secret item to be placed in the photo as well as the fish will be announced just before the social day.

Fishing times will be from 6-00am Saturday morning to Midday Sunday. A sausage sizzle and presentation of prizes will be held at 12 Maree Street, Wondunna (BigDan123 Place to be confirmed) starting at 1.00 pm. For those of you bringing photo proof please bring along your cables for your cameras so we can hook them up to a computer. Please bring a chair and your drinks and don’t forget your partner and children. Any and all comments are invited.

Cheers Mossy

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Ray and Andrew for the mention I appreciate it. Yes we are having a Social Family Fishing Day on the weekend of the 28th and 29th April 2007 and I extend an invertation to you all to come along and meet some of the guys and gals from Fishntales. Join in on the activities or come along to the sausage sizzle on Sunday at Bigdan123's place it is all free so enjoy yourselves. If you want any more info just send me an email or PM me I would be happy keep you up to date. Below is a copy of the thread on Fishntales explaining all

Mossy

Guys and Gals as you know our next Social Family Fishing Day is on the weekend of the 28th & 29th April 2007. Any species of fish can be entered so long as it is a legal species governed by the DPI rules and regulations and that includes fresh and salt-water species.

We are not judging on weight of fish but length of the fish instead. Anything from 23cm to 90cm could win you a prize so come on be in it. There will be prizes for our junior’s section as well so take the family fishing and make a weekend of it. The rules for this social fishing day are listed below. If you do catch and release a photo of your fish on a brag mat will be fine.

Fishing times will be from 6-00am Saturday morning to Midday Sunday. A sausage sizzle and presentation of prizes will be held at 12 Maree Street, Wondunna starting at 1.00 pm. For those of you bringing photo proof please bring along your cables for your cameras so we can hook them up to a computer. Please bring a chair and your drinks and don’t forget your partner and children. Any and all comments are invited. Even if you are not inclined to fish come along and meet all the Fishntales team. Everyone is most welcome to come and join us including partners and children, this includes new members and their families.

If for some reason the weather becomes unsafe, or the waters dangerous the event will be postponed to a later date. This is purely a safety precaution, as many boats will have children aboard.

OFFICIAL RULES FOR SOCIAL Family Fishing Day Saturday and SUNDAY 28th & 29th April 2007

My aim is not to bore you with rules and regulations I think if we make it simple it will be more enjoyable for everybody. After all we are not playing for sheep stations.

1. Fishing may be conducted anywhere in Hervey Bay waters.

2. Any species of fish can be entered so long as it is a legal species governed by the DPI rules and regulations, that includes fresh and salt-water species and measure between 23cm and 90cm in length.

3. For those of you who catch and release a photo on a brag mat will be acceptable if another Fishntales member verifies it. (Make sure the length of the fish is clearly visible)

4. The organiser’s decision as to the winning entries will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.

5. In the event that we have 2 or more identically sized fish, the angler’s names will be entered into a hat, and the winner drawn by myself.

6. All boats must conform to Maritime Regulations.

7. Most of all bring along your sense of fun!! Be competitive by all means, but remember that this is a social day, not a fishing comp.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Mossy

Archived