New to Fishing, NEED HELP on locations

jelly`dee

G`day

I was just wondering if someone could give me a good fishing spot to catch any types of fish, whether it be eels or catfish. I am just looking for a place to kill time. The fish i catch will not be kept and will be put back into the river. I am generally looking for a place near brisbane, preferably the brisbane river. i wouldnt mind heading to redcliffe or something for a day. i just need to know a good spot.

thanks

justin

Catching catfish is easy rig up a prawn and cast it out into deeper water anywhere along the river. For bream, flathead or cod, find a bit of rocky bank and cast out 2 metres. Its as easy as that.

Also keep an eye out in the going fishing section as most of us post where we are going and often have a spot in the boat, spare kayak or just sit on the shore and fish and talk a lot of crap :blush:

gooday justin. I don't know where you are based but if you are looking for some land based spots you can try under the cliffs at kangaroo point. I used to live very close to them and I would just drive down to the service road and put out a couple of crab pots while I soaked a bait, the only thing is you will have to fish when the tide's slowed a bit otherwise you'll get snagged up all the time.here you can expect catties, pike eels,bream and maybe the odd jew.

other spots are the boat ramp at colmslie, {bream , flathead and whiting, maybe jew or treadys. and the sandy beach at whyte island{just crossing the bridge to fisherman's island, as soon as you cross pull over to the left and walk 20 meters down to the water.Here you can expect flathead and whiting.

I hope that this helps a little and if you are looking for spots further upstream I'm sure some of the other members will help you out.

cheers alex

Mate welcome to the site. Have to start by saying I'm no expert on the subject of fishing, but I've caught fish at colmslie, (near the fish markets), bulimba (quay st - next to golf course/sailing squadron. Shafston/norman pk (wynnum rd next to norman ck) and pinkenbah near the boat ramp. Best thing to do is read through the forums and have a chat to the blokes in the know.

Cheers Jono

Archived