sand crabs?

fishguru5

hi all.

getting a little sick of putting pots in for muddies as sand flies and mosquitos are really starting to p!ss me off :angry: ive got a small estuary boat :S may be a little restrictive but i am looking for a spot to put the pots in for some sandcrabs around the brisbane creeks i.e in and just out of shultz canal, cabbage tree, redcliffe, the pine? any chance of a few spots. i am willing to give some mud crab spots for some sand crab spots ;)

thanks pat

fishguru5 wrote:

we dont drop pots. we pick the crabs up in the nets when targeting prawns ;) also im in a 3.5 metre timber boat haha will be bit difficult reaching the compass bouy me thinks

pat

p.s we run out of the passage

Gad wrote:

fishguru5 wrote:
thanks guys ummm. well when i went to work the other day (trawler) the owner goes down to the pine and chucks in a few pots (roughly 50)

pat

thank goodness he only put a few in,imagine how many would be a lot

fishguru5 wrote:

well. wen they have a big (illegal) order they put in anywere between 600-700 pots. this is how it works. they pull the net through off bribie front ther and they keep the flicker mullet and all stingrays and bait these pots. u wont c floats as they are all sunk and marked on gps. this is in the pine dam tho.

Sorry, I must have misread what you were saying previously, I promise to get my glasses checked

cheers

fishguru5 wrote:

we dont drop pots. we pick the crabs up in the nets when targeting prawns ;) also im in a 3.5 metre timber boat haha will be bit difficult reaching the compass bouy me thinks:

pat

p :angry: .s we run out of the passage

:laugh: you could row a bath tub out there not far at all :laugh: :laugh:

Archived