Saturday 28th Nov kayaking

tomca

Forecast on Seabreeze is for 15-20 knot northerleys so that limits pleasant kayaking somewhat. I have a leave pass to fish Saturday, so want to do a sunrise mission somewhere.

So far my shortlist is Horizon Shores, Raby Bay and Hinze Dam. I'll decide Friday which will be best with the revised forecast.

Anyone is welcome to tag along, and have room in the truck if you want to carpool.

sure thing jigman :laugh:

Pass on gold coast, had my fill of the delightful antics of schoolies already. I think Raby Bay is top of list so far, as I want a lure caught jack this summer and its a lazy peddle ;)

you taking yourself there Den? Or want me to pick you up on the way?

tacklebox wrote:

we'd join you, but 3:45am is an ungodly hour to be awake :blink:

what are ya? a blouse wearing girl or something?....hang on a sec :blush:

Will be there til around lunch if you wanna join the fun. Bring kreel and show him how to catch some fish :laugh: If you do come out just give me a call and I'll let you know where we are

It was hard going this morning, I am glad I took the leccy :P I got onto I keeper for the morning which was a pb bream on a plastic at 31cm, which took a 3inch dgrub! I also caught a small mosses perch on a deep chubby, whilst trolling.

31cmbream2.jpg

31cmbream.jpg :woohoo:

As Tom said I got absolutly belted by two waves joining on the bow of the yak :dry: It was hard going for me but I learnt from the experience and can't wait to go further out (that was the first time I 'entered' the bay) The biggest thing I learnt, Don't get on the juice the night before and hit rough water :X

Archived