looking for a new fishing spot?

fishguru5

fishguru5 wrote:

haha yeah i have been lookin around on google earth. the only problem is that some of the spots i wanted to try are a bit far away as mum is lazy and cbf to take us further than "down the road"

lol your mum is lazy and cbf? hahaha bus, walk, bike, train? fark me you kids got it easy these days if you want it bad enuf you will get YOUR arse there

^^^^^When my brother and I where around 14 we used to duck tape our rods to the pushies and ride from browns plains to bethania boat ramp (waterford was a waste of time) best fish landed was a 68cm flatty which was put in a coolbag (half in half out) in a back pack and taken home :P We used to ride there fairly often and come up with new ways to attach rods and tackle, one trip I had on my pushy 3 rods and 2 crab pots, then I got my licence and that became history :dry: Anyway get a pushy and go for a ride ;)

I too used to ride my mountian bike every where just to wet a line.when I was doing tech studies at Tafe on my days off I would ride from Mt Gravatt to Pt lookout stradie did it quite regulary too. when I lived at my olds house growing up near Laidley I would ride to fernvale and big W all for a couple of bass.Need less to say all this cycling around got me really fit no way could i do it now. :P

but any way whats wrong with the redclife area there are plenty of little creeks up that way mate Lots of fun to be had in what looks to be a next to nothing of a creek.

Take Wes fish's reports for eg. targeting fish in ponds that are knee deep. If ya see some little stretch of water fish it. It could pay off. :) happy fishing

yeah

i used to pushie about .

rods strapped to the bike and a bucket and backpack ,off we go .

i have teen kids .1 has moved out .ringing me all the time ,dad can u drive me here and there.

most of the time the answer is no .unless it's something important or i'm in a extremity happy mood.

yeah kids have it was to easy these days .

You may have already mate but give the Pine a go.. It isn't anywhere near as over fished as people think as long as you fish it during the quieter times.. Especially in a boat. The sunken barge and the big slab wall are good spots for cod. Jacks for sure although I have never been lucky enough to get one. Both bridges produce good Bream and school Jew at times (esp the hwy one) and hold alot of bait of a night time so you never know what will turn up. Right in the upper reaches up past Sweenies you can catch Bass and Yellaz but be careful taking your boat up there as some spots are rather shallow.

Not to mention heaps of Flathead around the mouthes of the feeder creeks.. I would strongly recommend fishing a run in during twilight hours and night hours as it gets WAY too busy during the day for my liking.. Try and get your old lady to take you out there for acouple of hours before sunset and pick you up acouple of hours after.

nothing wrong with a bike just trying to tow a boat whilst on your bike may be a bit hard :P haha. Most weekends now since its summer its not unnusual for me to ride to shultz with a bucket, castnet, 4 shark rods etc its good fun trying to get there but not fun when you stack it lol.

Archived