Serpentine/ Jackson Creeks

efc

hi nick

since i bought my boat thats where i fish all the time. if your in a kayak. entering at a run out tide will be difficult for u as the tide rips through there. u would have to pick the tides correctly head up on run in and head out on run out. well we havent done too well fishing wise but we have found that ther is a bit of structure half way to a bridge wich u will see if u travel up. its an old bridge pilon. also ther is a deep deep deep hole just on each side of the bridge (only a small bridge). onto your carb question. u wont get any sandies up ther but u will get a HEAP of good size muddies past the bridge on the first bend thats heading right. leave them in overnight i would suggest attaching 4 pots together then sinking the lot in a line in the channel. and pick them up with ur anchor. this weekend on satday sunday night would be the pick of the times to go for the crabs. oh in a kayak u will be fine depth wise even on low tide it varies in depth throughout the creek

good luck nick

pat

p.s WARNING: IF YOU R ON THE AIRPORT SIDE OF THE BRIDGE 2 HOURS BEFORE AND 2 HOURS AFTER HIGH TIDE YOU! WILL! GET! STUCK!!!!

fishguru5 wrote:

hi nick

since i bought my boat thats where i fish all the time. if your in a kayak. entering at a run out tide will be difficult for u as the tide rips through there. u would have to pick the tides correctly head up on run in and head out on run out. well we havent done too well fishing wise but we have found that ther is a bit of structure half way to a bridge wich u will see if u travel up. its an old bridge pilon. also ther is a deep deep deep hole just on each side of the bridge (only a small bridge). onto your carb question. u wont get any sandies up ther but u will get a HEAP of good size muddies past the bridge on the first bend thats heading right. leave them in overnight i would suggest attaching 4 pots together then sinking the lot in a line in the channel. and pick them up with ur anchor. this weekend on satday sunday night would be the pick of the times to go for the crabs. oh in a kayak u will be fine depth wise even on low tide it varies in depth throughout the creek

good luck nick

pat

p.s WARNING: IF YOU R ON THE AIRPORT SIDE OF THE BRIDGE 2 HOURS BEFORE AND 2 HOURS AFTER HIGH TIDE YOU! WILL! GET! STUCK!!!!

Aren't these creeks in relands, of the logan R.

fishguru5 wrote:

sorry bout this again but after the bridge pilon u will come to a very sharp bend and there is a little creek running off into the mainland. DO NOT ENTER THIS CREEK! KEECHIE WILL BACK ME UP ON THIS. IF U VALUE UR TIME AND EFFORT DO NOT GO UP THIS CREEK!

pat

erm, any reason why mate? I was considering doing a landbased bush bash session there. PM me if it's not convenient to mention on the forum

ok the true serpentine/jacksons creek is across from the mouth of nudgee beach. idk how u can do a landbased fish there. anyway that main creek that runs up through there is called jacksons. the big creek that goes all the way down to toombul shops is shultz canal. their is a tiny little creek within jacksons thats about the width of a boat that nic and myself entered. we dragged the boat across a mudflat in hope of getting up further but in our efforts we cut our feet and the tide was running out meaning ther was an inch of water and 30 metres of mud and a 150 kg boat and motor :S.

pat

efc I've taken the yak up there. I've been a fair way up, it's fine at low tide... The only tricky bit is getting back to the main channel in the Kedron Brook Floodway (Schulz Canal). Theres a small channel coming out of the creek and plenty of mud flats.

As for average depth, its quite shallow.

Should be a few flatties or two around the mouth on the flats at the very least!

Archived