gold coast naughty devils

wesfish

well instead of hitting up kooka for a shark session mick fillet and my self headed out for a bream and jack session ! and boy did the devils come out to play and punish the pair of us :woohoo:

the night started out with gathering a few live baits to start the night off. we managed 6 live herring and thought that will do for now, we set up at a known jack cruising spot and the my first 2 live baits got nailed and chewed up like a staffy had got a hold of them :laugh: im then thought i would save a few livies for later in the night and switched to half pillies, the action was hot for bream with mick and i landing around 10 bream each, mostly small but i did manage a nice lil 30cm model.

a few drinks later and mick decided for a quick nap around 2 am , i deployed on of my smashed up herring and placed the rod in the holder, i had just dozed of when my rod started singing at a high pitch zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz z z z zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, a quick scramble to focus on where the rod was in the dark, right got the rod out and i felt the power of a great fish until zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz twang! bloody dusted up in the rocks , mick and i had a laugh about the panic awakening :laugh: mick layed back down and i put out another live herring i had saved on the 30lb out fit this time with a wire leader. set the bait and started to doze off again until zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz z z another quick scamble to get the rod and i had a fish on that was screaming 30lb braid off like it was nothing then i pulled the hooks going to hard, bring the bait back in to find another herring smashed to pieces B)

i set the last live bait and it only took a couple of minutes til the bait runner started screaming again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i set the hooks right this time and the battle was on, it pulled so hard i called it for a bully around 1 mtr until we got it in the light, mick called nice jack and netted it for me! :woohoo: a PB of 47.5cm of red devil! we were out of live bait so i threw the cast net where we were anchored and managed 4 more live baits, mick decided he may as well stay awake and have a crack at the jacks, it did not take long until micks reel started screaming and he was locked in battle zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz zzzzzzzzz z zzzzzzzz twang done over ! we both got nailed on the last few baits but did not land them due to being bricked and pulling hooks! i threw the cast net once more and managed a huge silver biddy , i deployed him and straight away i was on, it felt different no screaming run but a fair bit of weight, i get it boatside to find a massive bloody catfish :( the whole area around us was alive with mullet being chased up banks and getting doofed by some massive jacks , absolute magic watching it, i tried surface lures but did not raise any interest! once the sky got some light mick and i started trolling lures and straight away mick got a nice lil flatty on a tilsan and not long after i managed a lil bream on a tilsan.

well by 6:30am we were bugged from the sleepless night and called it quits, we will be back down there having a proper go at the jacks next weekend with a bucket full of livies lol :laugh:

was a great trip even losing so many great fish!!!

cheers for reading, mick might add to the pics and report!

wes

30cm breambo 1-20091129.jpg

post-4300-144598511192_thumb.jpg

hell yeah its so annoying , all though it sounds a lot better then the alarm to get up for work :laugh: i reckon if they made an alarm clock with a screaming drag it would sell like hot cakes lol because you would wake up from a deep slumber 1 tenth of a second every time :laugh: :laugh:

Archived