Favourite Fish

Cowfish13

What is your favorite fish overall.

This includes difficulty to catch, the fight they give when hooked, taste, and any other reasons that you really like to catch them.

My favourite fish is Mackerel because they can be caught fairly regurally, incredibly fast fish, the don't fight dirty, usually, (as in the fight usually on the surface so you can see them swim through the water) and they are pretty good eating fish.

Barra beat Bass lb for lb hands down.

So far for me TOGO on light gear for fresh - they jump around and carry on, then they sit, then they jump again. Great stuff.B)

Salt Water I would say GT's have given me best fight - Land based GT's on plastic's on a 1500 shamino and a 6'6\" ugly stick. Wayhooooooo:woohoo:

Boat - best big fish to date is wahoo or shark and little fish is school of pike -non stop action.:woohoo:

Favouriate over all - the prettiest fish in the sea Aunty Jack.;):P

Well some of the barra I was catching at the park were the same size as the big bass at np, but were fighting 10 x better(even tho np bass fight like crap...aparently) I'm gonna choose barra over bass.

As for salt,

I WANT A F$&%^#*#$ JACK!

absolute most adored fish in the whole wide world!

and everyones catching them. Thats why i devote the remaining warm weeks to catch my first!

But for some reason, even tho they are so common and easy to catch, bream and cod are favourites aswell.

Oztrav wrote:

as i ve caught a very limited species i would love to catch more types

but i would really love a mulloway this winter if it will happpen only if im arsy enough

which im not but ill try and if i get something else thats awesome too

wait for spring mate and we''ll organize a jewfish assault on the seaway and maybb a lure chucking sesion round some bridges i know:whistle:

Archived