Saratoga Madness

Woolybugger

Took the old man out fishing yesterday to target the elusive Saratoga. We took our time and got to Lake Borumba at around 9am, the weather looked windy and cool but had a good feeling in my waters.

Only 5 other boats on the water, that was a good sign and yes, you guessed it, they were all fishing around where we wanted to fish. However the half time bell must of gone off as they all disappeared. Second cast, a nice 75cm Toga, a great start! After approx 5 hours of fishing we only ventured approx 500 metres as the fishing was very good. We caught plenty in all of our secret x spots.

With the cloudy weather there where no sight casting and also with the recent rain and cold water on the surface, this pushed them down to approx 1-2m down. Surface temp went 27oC and average 28.9oC 1-2 metres under.

We fished mostly spinnerbaits with mine going red and black and the old man purple and white. All up I got over 20 Togas and him 12, plus half a dozen Bass, with the old man getting 2x stonkers @45cm & 48cm which gave him a lot of grief on the light line and rod. With the amount caught, we hooked and lost many, many more so it kept us on edge.

The old man was stoked as he has only ever caught the one Toga and in the one day got 12.

All in all, a great to be had by all and can't wait to get out there again.

Uru! 62cm_Toga.JPG

Archived