Yabba Creek Bassin'

tomca

While having a dam fine time on Borumba Dam this weekend, we unexpectedly ended up with a newly purchased, second hand Canoe :huh: while on mission to have a counter lunch

IMGP0503.jpg

So, our Saturday arvo session changes from chasing some 'toga on the dam to skinny water bassin' in the creek that runs through Imbil. :ohmy:

IMGP0505.jpg

We went mainly to try out Den's new acquisition, so only took a rod with a grub each. We paddled right up to some rapids and cast the grubs at some likely looking spots. There were alot of small takers that nipped at the tails but nothing sensational. We turned around and slowly worked our way back to the car and was giving pointers how to skip cast plastics under the overhanging branches.

IMGP0507.jpg

I was using my baitcaster and was telling Den to get into using one as it is far more accurate than his spin stick for casting. We got all the way back and some kids were swimming behind my car and I fired a cast at the bank just near the car and a quick 'I'm on', and I fought a nice 32cm model out of the snag and blooded the new canoe

IMGP0509.jpg

How could we pack it in now? :woohoo:

I got a supply of plastics out of the boot and we paddled back out. I gave Den my last 3" pumpkinseed minnow on a weedless jig and he was practising his accuracy....badly. I say, 'theres a fish in that tree', so he lobs a cast 6 feet up the tree. :blush: After I make some derogatory remarks about his intelligence, he fires an awesome cast under a snag and squeals "I'm on!!!"

IMGP0514.jpg

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! I say, tighten the drag you tool, but then catch a glimpse of this!

IMGP0517.jpg

A few tense moments and me paddling my ass off chasing the fish around and I have it in the net!

Next time, we are yakking the creek, I'll be much less likely to stab a ski boat driver down there.

What can I say! What a sensational weekend :P That Bass obviously was the highlight of the trip. As Tom said we got plenty of tiddler bites, esspecially around the rapids. And yes I am a sh!t caster, but I feel that I am getting better with plenty more practice. Out of probably 200+ casts I would have got 50 good casts in.

On I of my 'good' casts, which I managed to skip from where the edge of the tree branchs on the water to right up tight on the edge of the bank, as it landed an almighty boof and zzzzzzzzzzzz I yell I'm on, and its a horse. Tom says tighed your drag tool and it is replied with, yeah get farked! Under a tree out a bit under snags out again and then netted by the captain :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I have only 1 photo (same may not like it, but its my 1st big bass and yummy)!

thefillettable.jpg

Dad is wrapped with his early xmas pressy. We will have a maiden voyage this Sunday. Haven't decided where yet (any suggestions)

Archived