wivenhoe bass

Oztrav

I was just looking at some photos of the bass caught at wivenhoe over the years and would really like to give this spot another go over the winter (the cold deters wivenhoes monster catfish) would anyone like to come along one mourning over the next few weekends and give it a go before the water runs out [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/big_bass.jpg

post-665-144598409897_thumb.jpg

these could of also been taken from somerset which would be good to hit up during the week with the bonus of allowing combustion engines

you will also notice the attire of the fisho in the second photo obviously winter

bass this big make me want to cut myself

Post edited by: Oztrav, at: 2007/03/23 17:53

Oztrav wrote:

these could of also been taken from somerset which would be good to hit up during the week with the bonus of allowing combustion engines

you will also notice the attire of the fisho in the second photo obviously winter

bass this big make me want to cut myself<br /><br />Post edited by: Oztrav, at: 2007/03/23 17:53

hmmmm my new job is a 9 day fortnight with a mid week rdo what's the ramp at sommerset like? do you need a 4x4 or will the falcoon do it?

I'd be interested in Somerset, Wivanhoe I am a bit doughy about at this time of year, With all the wind around, its a bit big for an electric, specially when I have never fished it before.

But getting it past the trouble and strife could be an issue! Got a lot of fishing and Rally stuff planned in the next couple of months.

Feral wrote:

Take the camera!

good idea ill drop row at work then head out there, info centre should be open to point me in the right direction

and we' ll see what we can find out i might have a sniff at somerset to confirm jeff boat ramp query

Oz - what's the go - are you still doing a trip? I would love to have a go but when?

I saw the other post with the photos - Sommerset is no worries for boat (camry would be fine) but I couldn't find anywhere to launch into wivenhoe.

Also Graham said dangerious for boats at the moment due to stumps and spears sticking up. I'd still give it a go to get one of thosee horse size bass you got.

I dont know mate was just thinking about raiding wivenhoe during the weekend but thats a no go now so i will have to scam some days off work or chuck a sickie when i go to tech (its piece of piss anyway) but july ill be in thailand for a few weeks

may could be good thats the start of their false breeding isnt it

as for the spears etc unfortunately i didnt see any wakeboarders impaled on them but i did see an ambulance fly past me when i was on my way back home i think up the dam where the timber is it is a bit more shonky but if you go slow have a sounder and someone looking over the edge it should be fine (a deckie gotta do something) other than pull up the anchor and drop it)

Post edited by: Oztrav, at: 2007/03/25 07:06

jeff f wrote:

Oztrav wrote:

bass this big make me want to cut myself<br /><br />Post edited by: Oztrav, at: 2007/03/23 17:53

hmmmm my new job is a 9 day fortnight with a mid week rdo what's the ramp at sommerset like? do you need a 4x4 or will the falcoon do it?

the falcon will do someone used a commodore to drop a boat in so a ford could doit easy as

• 3 months later...

Archived