todays efforts

noname

after greeting brad outside my place at 3.30 am this mornin, we ventured to the ramp via a wrong turn off, then after filling the boat, my bloody eftpos card stuffin up again, grrrr. pffffft bamks, who needs em. anyways off to the ramp at fisho's, drop the boat into da water and after brad hops on we are off, like a bag of prawns. the trip across the bay was less than favorable to say the least , but not to bad, 1st stop is curtain artificial, only to recieve tibbets, so anchor is retrieved and off around to the cape. as we approached comby point we both were wondering how it would be around the corner, but it to was ok. at our first stop we found good shows on the sounder and larger fish busting up the bait balls, but they are to well bloody fed it seems, so we then made tracks for a wreck, which is just about gone now, but still holds the occasional fish here n there, same again, good bait schools, but that was it foe this spot, we now head for gotham city, again very quiet.grrr

thinking to go wide or further north, ahh buggar it, further north we head,and we saw fish schooling up in the swell, we thought they were sun fish as we saw some earlier on at another spot, but bloody hell!!! these were snapper, not squire, snapper, and heaps of them, whoever said fish were silly, dunno what they are talkin about, these bloody things would take a piece offered to them, but when we offered them some freshpillies andllet, with no sinkers, haaaah, those bugars would snub their noses at our special offerings with 8/0 hooks in them. we tried and tried, but to ne evail, grrrr, spewin.!!!

so we make our way back into the bay, via a cobe spot i have and we notice surface action, soout with the slugs, and bang!!! fresh bait, about a foot long, then move about 50 meters to the cobe spot and deploy the freshly aquired livie and only just sat down and ol matey was goin nutz, so i did what every fisho does stand and watch, when all hell broke loose then nothing the livie i assumed was bitten in half, so i waited for a return and i didn't have to wait for to long and bang , wham, and wholy, sh!te, i'm in trouble, with 30 lb braid and 55 lb leader, and me 4000 heartland screamin for mercy, and then as quickly as it all happened, it ended.

apart from all that there were cobs sighted and big king fish but couldnt get a hook in them,and the sun fish were everywhere at hutchies,but best of all were the 60 plus snapper never seen that before and still could not get a hook in them, apart from two pearlies a squire,mac,leather jacket two cod i think they were all went back to fight another day,turned out to be a good day still a bit lumpy but fishable they just didnt want to play the game,will get them next time.

Entertaining read fellas.

I contemplated heading out today but ended up working as had a cashie too good to resist. Checked seabreeze this morning and conditions looked crap house around 4 or 5 am.

Looking at heading out monday early am.

Never seen snapper that close tothe surface but have heard it happens especially at night. Must have been a pretty cool sight to see.

As far as the sunfish go must have been bat fish. Have seen heaps of them at hutchies. Sunfish are massive 1 ton armored oceanic things.

Archived