Show us your shark rig

BIG DAVE 1

Just wondering how you guys make your shark rig? I think mine are almost perfect but Im keen to see hoe you other guys go.

Here’s how I make my rigs

You need the following

2 x 10/0 hooks (you may use smaller hooks, it just depends on the sharks you are chasing)

2+m of 250lb wire - must be coated

1 x 70kig swivel

9 x crimps (you can use less but it won’t be as heavy duty)

Some electricity tape

Step 1

Firstly cut the wire into the ideal length for the sharks you are chasing

step19pa.jpg

Step 2

Attach the swivel at the top of the rig, I use 2 crimps to ensure extra strength.

step28du.jpg

Step 3

I attach a second wire, sounds hard but its very easy, Place 3 crimps onto the wire. Then cut a second and feed it through those crimps, and crimp shut all three, make sure that they are spaced out. please note you can make the second wire as short or as long as you want.

step38oy.jpg

Step 4

Place 2 crimps on either wire then the hooks and feed the wire back throught the crimps and crimp, thats the first hook done.

step49yb.jpg

Step 5

Now do the same thing to the second wire

step54jp.jpg

Please Excuse the dodgy drawings, if done correctly it should look some thing like this. I made the second wire to short, leaving a huge gap. Apart from that all my other ones are perfect.

sharkrig67gc.jpg

Not trying to compete with troy and jordan, but if you like what you see and would like some made please let me know, i can do them for a heaps low cost.

DAVE

Post edited by: BIG DAVE 1, at: 2006/06/30 13:33

Archived