My latest E bay score.

rayke1938

Parcell arrived today from Italy. 1500 yards or 50 lb tracer braid. $75 landed got enough line to go barra,thready and bully fishing for years.

Here is the blurb about it.

NEW Fireline® TRACER BRAID, the ULTIMATE braided fishing line. Loaded with the latest in cutting edge technology advancements, Tracer Braid features a breakthrough in braided line design called Radial Construction, which makes it the roundest, smoothest braided line built today. A round braid stacks better on the spool to resist "dig-in", and aids in resisting wind knots. Its smoothness allows for longer, smoother casts, and handles better than ordinary braids. Another technological breakthrough featured in Tracer Braid is in its coloration, featuring a measured, alternating Hi-vis/Low-vis color. Tracer Braid is the most advanced braided line on the market, and was awarded the "Best New Fishing Line" title at the 2008 I-Cast Fishing Tackle Industry Trade Show.

Its a poofy lime green and black I havent unwound it to see what the spacing of the colours are.

It will go with my other large spools of 30lb firelineand 6 lb spiderwire..

Cheers

Ray PC180128_AFO.jpg

Joel Eadie wrote:

nice, so that isnt actual fireline that so many fishos are against? is it actual proper braid?

It is the latest type from USA as described. It feels a bit softer than the 30 lb fireline that I got a couple of years ago. I have never had any problems with fireline it may not be as good as the more estoic brands but its only a fraction of the price. I tend not to wear out my lines as I am always losing a few metres here and there from snags etc and when you get it at the right price its easier to respool the whole reel than mucking around tieing uniknots and increasing the backing to compensate for what you lose.

The price works out at around $6 per 100 metres.

Cheers

Ray

Archived