Tunes in the tub

bootyinblue

Also... I need some 12 volt help!

I have power, and lots of it to the switch panel, I have positive power from the switch panel to the head unit, but when I connect the negative wire to a stud with all these other negative wires (must be a depressing place ;-)) the unit does not power up.

Do I need to run the negative all the way back to the battery?

bootyinblue wrote:

Also... I need some 12 volt help!

I have power, and lots of it to the switch panel, I have positive power from the switch panel to the head unit, but when I connect the negative wire to a stud with all these other negative wires (must be a depressing place ;-)) the unit does not power up.

Do I need to run the negative all the way back to the battery?

booty, that neg should be neg, no matter which way you look at it. you should not have to run wires back to the battery at all. if your powering up the unit from 1 of those 6 switch toggle panels, make sure the right fuse is inserted. and it should be a matter of finding an earth and attaching the neg side of the circuit. and presto. mine has a tennancy to chew up battery power at times, so just be aware of this too, if your anchored up all day listening to the sex pistols, or the violent femmes.

faulked wrote:

how come you carpeted the same sides of the pair :huh:

jason

Well done Jason.... I made to left hand side sections. Glad the guy at BCF didnt have a tape measure so reeled off a generous half metre!

12 volt situation all solved too. Apparently the yellow wire marked 'optional memory' wire is not to optional.

Feral - I dont think the current is going through the boat, it looks more like a ceramic terminal block where all the negatives hang out. Perhaps its correct name is a goth block? :P :silly:

And the fishing rod is too far in anyway. I normally have just the butt end in the holder, so no dramas there.

Here it is all done and finished

DSC00107AFO.jpg

DSC00109AFO.jpg

kriso wrote:

yes booty is rather fond of that station :P

Kriso... I hope you are being sarcastic there! Cause I certainly am NOT a fan of of some bits :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Eug... I just checked back on Ebay and I got them from IMD Sales for $205. The boxes just says Marine Stereo System and Marine Speakers so I am sure they are A class brands (not). But hey, $200 for tunes in the boat when you want them is ok with me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well everyone knows you cant have noise without lights....

12v volt LED strips are now fitted down both sides of the coamings and throw out a nice 'cool' white light.

I think I am getting the hang of this 12v wiring stuff... now I just need to see how far across town my battery has got ;-)

DSC00117AFO.jpg

DSC00118AFO.jpg

DSC00121AFO.jpg

DSC00122AFO.jpg

Archived