fly paints?

Joel Eadie

hey guys

ive recently bought a fly rod now im wanting to make some flys

ive found some really good ones on the net that are made out of foam, carving them out is easy enought but then it says colour them, i was wondering if anyone knows what sort of paint you would use? i guess im looking for on that forms a hard coating but im not sure if that exists and where you would get it. the flys are predominatly for use on bass and some yellas so im hoping for some blacks or dark purples

also are there any glues out there that could glue the styrofoam?

lastly in anaconda there are some mojiko baby cranks that are about 20mm long i tried them on my spinner rod though could only cast them 10 meters or so, they are shallow diving so would they work?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

$2.00 nail polish from chemists is all you need for colouring popper bodies. Buy the sparkly stuff as well. If you really want to protect the finish also buy some Sally Hansens Hard As Nails polish to put on as a final coat.

But don't tell ya mates....

Norm

$2.00 nail polish from chemists is all you need for colouring popper bodies. Buy the sparkly stuff as well. If you really want to protect the finish also buy some Sally Hansens Hard As Nails polish to put on as a final coat.

But don't tell ya mates....

Norm

Archived