cast net recommendations

thousandyards

every cast net has a purpose, for gathering bait, no top pocket is needed, for prawns i would recomend a top pocket or drawstring type net, as less will escape the force. :laugh:also the top pocket and drawstring type nets are easier to get baits and the likes out of too.

as for size, go with what you can comfortably throw for a while constantly.

robbo

srawstrings are regular cast nets, but instead of the rope attached to just the top of the net, it goes through the net at the top and is attached to heavy mono that is then spread out and attached to the bottom of the net. The actual net part is attached to a ring at the top of the net.

Wow... very hard to describe but once you see it, it makes complete sense and you start to wonder why they don't make more of them.

Ray - would you happen to know where I can buy adrawstring net from? I lost my last one and have been trying to find a drawstring one for months now.

Last commercial one I brought was from Captain Blighs who havew closed down.

See that they are listed on Jervis Walkers home page so your local should be able to get one in for you .

They are very popular up north and all stores up there stock them.

JARVIS WALKER

MAXI CAST PRO CAST NETS

Manufactured from quality SPS monofilament, these cast nets are the ideal way to catch live bait ranging from mullet through to prawns. Weighted correctly for ease of casting, the net should be soaked for about 12 hours before use to soften and lubricate the netting and Braille lines. TIP: After use, rinse the net with freshwater and soak in a mild detergent, rinse off excess detergent and then hang the net to dry. Various mesh sizes are listed because of varying regulations between states. We make every effort to supply the correct nets in each state but please confirm your state’s latest regulations before purchasing.

CODE MODEL

06001 Mono Maxi Cast - 6' - .30mm x 1"

06002 Mono Maxi Cast - 7' - .30mm x 1"

06003 Mono Maxi Cast - 8' - .30mm x 1"

06004 Mono Maxi Cast - 9' - .30mm x 1"

06005 Mono Maxi Cast - 10' - .30mm x 1"

06006 Mono Maxi Cast - 12' - .30mm x 1"

06007 Mono Maxi Cast - 7' - .30mm x 3/4"

06008 Mono Maxi Cast - 8' - .30mm x 3/4"

06009 Mono Maxi Cast - 9' - .30mm x 3/4"

06010 Mono Maxi Cast - 8' - .30mm x 3/4" Drawstring

06011 Mono Maxi Cast - 9' - .30mm x 3/4" Drawstring

06012 Mono Maxi Cast - 10' - .30mm x 3/4" Drawstring

06025 Mono Maxi Cast - 11' - .30mm x 3/4" Drawstring

06023 Mono Maxi Cast Top Pocket Cast Net - 10' - 1"

06024 Mono Maxi Cast Top Pocket Cast Net - 12' - 1"

Cheers

Ray

i too received a voucher , but for fishing tackle australia at coffs harbour. i used my voucher to purchase a lil 7' surecatch mono net , seeing as its my first net jus wanna get the jist of casting and didnt wanna pay too much , hence the $50 voucher , i threw in a few bob also plan to give it a go this fri night for real , but guna try give it sum practice on a grassy area to start with. each to their own i spose , but i didnt wanna spend too much as it was my first net ..never thrown one before , didnt wanna big 10' er , jus something to learn with

Archived